Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Type 9 Shuttlecraft (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Type 9 Shuttlecraft
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the Type 9 shuttle diagram featured in issue #4 of The Magazine. Enjoy!

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the same diagram as the one from the Fact Files?

I think STMag needs to get its labeling straight

-Nav. deflector -> upper sensor array
-Phaser Array -> nav. deflector

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Registry Number?! REGISTRY NUMBER?!! Jesus motherf***ing Christ, do they think we're idiots? THIS is the long-awaited thing that gets all you running to the shops at the mere rumour of a new issue? This is the thing that costs, what, about �5?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know how much it would cost in the UK, but it costs me $12 +tax
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy on the Magazine folks; there are people out there who haven't watched the show long enough to start looking at ship details and window spacing.

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The diagram as well as the labeling errors are the same as in the FF. Only the font is different. The German translator didn't notice the wrong labels, either. Next time they should hire me.

Lee: "Main viewport" is wrong, too. It should be "This is a window that allows to look outside" (my favorite FF quote from another issue).

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
Ex Astris Scientia

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$12? I only paid about 8 dollars at Books-a-Million.

I noticed that when I looked at the diagram of shuttle too. Did other earlier shuttles have deflectors though? The shuttles from TNG don't appear to have them.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Yes, it costs $8 in the US but here in NB it costs me $12 Canadian so consider yourselves lucky that you get it so cheap.
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
£6 here in the UK, but I've only ever seen it in the one store (Borders on Oxford Street, London) and it's about a month late.

Still, easier than getting the Fact Files in the US, right?

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Borders? Where's that on Oxford Street? From Oxford Circus, towards Marble Arch or Tottenham Court Road? And which side of the street?
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Oxford Circus it's towards Tottenham Court Road and not very far. It's on the south side of the road. Opened sometime last year. Only place I've ever seen the Star Trek Magazine, not even seen it in Forbidden Planet.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

The First One
Member # 35

I think I know the one you mean. Damn, and I was there at lunchtime too. NOT that I would buy such an outrageous rip-off. Until they do some decent Steamrunner diagrams, anyway. 8)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lol*

To be fair, silly labels aside, the magazine really does present some nice pictures. And the behind the scenes design stuff is very cool.

------------------
"And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
--
John Linnell

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only poster to these forums who enjoys other aspects of Star Trek than just the technology? I'd buy The Magazine even if it didn't have the "technical briefings" or diagrams at all... the interviews and pretty pictures are easily worth eight bucks a month, in my opinion.

But regarding the bad labeling, Rick just mentioned the other day that he noticed many of them on the Voyager schematics and is therefore now checking the diagrams before they go out. I don't expect perfect accuracy, but at least he should be able to catch a few of the more blatant ones.

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well on TNG shuttles, there weren't deflector dishes as such - but about half way along there was a wider part and if you look front on, the 'mesh' on either side that faces forward could be for deflection purposes.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps