Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Name this ship....

Author Topic: Name this ship....
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thought this was going to be easy, eh? I know it's supposed to be the E-C, but has anyone seen it elsewhere?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited July 08, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, to my knowledge it was never used anywhere else...

------------------
"Keep honking: I'm reloading."
-bumber sticker on a friend's truck

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE ENTERPRISE-C?? Is this a joke; just kidding. It's an early version of an Ambassador Class before the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise." The wall-o-ship was built before the episode, and needed an Enterprise-C to go there. But it looks something like one of the ships in the Wolf 359 graveyard from "Best of Both Worlds." Either that or one of the background ships I saw in a Deep Space Nine episode, the Dominion War ones.

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is obviously the ship. Andrew Probert says he designed the ship for an early TNG episode, but an old model (probably Excelsior) was used instead. I wonder why he doesn't mention the ship on the wall, which was defintely supposed to be the E-C from eth very beginning of TNG.
http://members.tripod.com/~DesignR/Enterprise-cART.html

The Art of Star Trek says about the same drawing that it was supposed to be the E-D.

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
Ex Astris Scientia

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be the one Probert (I think) painted before TNG was announced.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wall-o-Enterprise's, when did it first show up in the Obseveration Lounge? It's just that in "All Good Things..." when Picard is in the past that wall is there.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know in what episode it was first visible, but it was there from rather early on. Sometime, maybe fourth or fifth season (I don't really remember), they got rid of it. Someone made a replica of it specifically for the past scenes in AGT.

------------------
"They gave the ferret a teleprompter!"
-Louie the Lizard, Budweiser commercial

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think in the early years of TNG, the Obs Lounge wall was a display of a random spattering of Federation ships (there were two unfinalized Galaxies on it, IIRC), and in later years became a display of he Enterprises (complete w/the Aircraft Carrier). For AGT... they turned it back in an effort to replicate E@F.

------------------
"I... love you more... than I did the week before... I discovered Alcohol""
-The Barenaked Ladies

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps