Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Check out these ship specs (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Check out these ship specs
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got this in an unsolicited email. You might find it humorous.

Ship Name: U.S.S. Desoto

Ship Regristry: NCC-1654-G

Ship Classification: Conquistador Class

Ship Type:Science/Flagship

Ship Designer:Ivan Stretstev

Ship Design Area:Utopia Plantia Fleet Yards,Mars

Ship Armament:80 type U phaser cannons
60 quantam torpedo systems
160,000 quantam torpedos
2.8 GW Shields

Special Ship Systems:
Matter/Anti-Matter Power/Propulsion Transwarp System
KF532 warp core/power generation system
Multi-phaysic Shielding
Threshaholdic shielding
Multilayered shields
Sun Generators
"Sant" armor
XR30 Federation Interphase/Cloaking Device
Warp-Bubble Technology
Metaphasic Shielding
Active Torpedo System
Active Shield System
Active Phaser System

Ship Specs:
Length:630 Meters
Width: 490 Meters
Depth: 300 meters
Top Speed: Warp 22
Top Thruster Speed:38,000 kps
Top Impulse Speed: 119% of Full Impulse
Top Warp Speed: Warp 13 crusing, Warp 22 Emergency Speed

Crew Compliment: About 2500
Command: 15
Officers: 1885
Civilians: 500

Current Status of Ship: Ship is in synchronous orbit around UFP-7211.

Description: The Desoto is the is a very important ship. . The crew of the ship, and the ship are locked up under heavy security, where people with level 2, and level 1 can access vital areas of the ship, since this is the flagship of the UFP.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People with level 1 and 2 clearance can access vital areas??? Some security!! (for referance: level 10 = the Omega directive)

And I haven't even started with specs....

160,000 quantum torpedos. Can you say: OVERKILL????

Sun Generators?? For creating a sun????

"Sant" armor??? "I think I speak for everyone when I say: HUH??" (quote from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

3, no 4 types of shielding....

Check this: It's new, It's powerfull! It's Warp-Bubble Technology!!!

Active Torpedo System, Active Shield System, Active Phaser System..... DUH!!

Crew Compliment: About 2500, length:630 Meters. Back to the old days of packing a ship full with people??

This is more fun than nitpicking!

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 13, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only that, but it goes up to warp factor 22. Since there's no specification that the scale is readjusted, the ship apparently goes much faster than infinity...

And how can you go 119% of full impulse? Full impulse is, by definition, the fastest impulse speed you can do. So the ship goes faster than it's fastest speed?

------------------
"I think, therefore I go fast. (Cogito ergo zoom)"
-Frank Gerratana, July 12, 1999

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you define full impluse as an acceleration constant for all ships or something.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Warp 22 capability, they should go pick up Voyager.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1-What the smeg is Threshaholdic Shielding? (and is it legal?)

2-Go Go Gadget Warp Drive!

3-How do you do 119% of Impulse??????

4-Quantam instead of Quantum? Should we realy worry about a vowel movement?

5-Crew Compliment About 2500. (About?) Command 15 + Officer 1885 + Civilians 500 = 2400. Why can't they just say 2400????

6-What are type U phaser cannons?

7-Warp-Bubble Technology? Do you need soapy water and a ring to blow the bubbles with?

Does.....not.....compute.....must......shut....down........{sparks}

Oh and this is just the Science Ship. I'd hate to see a warship from this SIM. The stats came from this SIM site http://www.angelfire.com/ar/thefinalfrontierrpg/conquistador.html

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'd agree that this ship is on overkill. Is it me, or is it implying that the Federation in the future becomes well...paranoid? I mean what kind of ship carries about 16,000 quantum torpedoes? Even the USS Defiant and the USS Enterprise-E doesn't carry maybe over over 300, well maybe 300 is max but over 300 much else 16,000 is too much. What if all of the defensive and offensive systems suffer a major system wide shutdown or failure? An enemy ship would just target the torpedo magazines with a few shots or the launchers themselves and that's it for the ship (That would happen if all the topedoes in the storage area are ready to be launched at anytime). That or target the warp drive system, such as the M/ARA core or the antimatter pods.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm, he said 160.000 torps, not 16.000

I wonder how much space is left on the ship for other systems.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the Olympic motto (no, not the motto of the Olympic ):
Citius, altius, fortius, stupidius (faster, higher, stronger, ...)

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
Ex Astris Scientia

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would almost bet that that E-mail came from "Anti-Social".

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God your right. It could have come from them.

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, guys, according to Captain Stark this info is replicated on a web site that sponsors a role-playing game.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Should we all then pitch in to buy those people a DS9 or TNG Technical Manual?

------------------

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
300 meters "deep". What does this [censored] look like?

Leave anti-social alone. I go there too.

------------------
(This message has been edited by the Website Enforcement Authority, and rigoruosly inspected by 12.)

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried: I play Role Playing games. These are the ones you sit at a table with dice & rules, friends and pizza and spend and entertaining evening. SIMs seem to be for those who try to chaoticly boost their egos via email or chatrooms with hardly any rules or order. This is what I have observed on various internet and AOL SIM groups. When I saw these stats my first thoughts was "Yeup its a SIM group all right, these guys wouldn't know real roleplaying if it came up and bit them in the gagh." I guess what I'm trying to say is don't confuse real RPGs or RolePlaying with SIMs.

[stepping off of soapbox now]

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps