Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Four nacelled Nebula

Author Topic: Four nacelled Nebula
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This ship was seen in Captain Riker's ready room from the TNG episode "Future Imperfect". Any thoughts on it? Also does anybody know what is the name and registry of this ship?

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The plaque just below the ship has the last two digits as NCC-xxx43.

And this ship is just plain ugly. Since the future as specified in that episode is non-canon, I believe that this ship doesn't exist.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think (which means I dont know for sure) that it was the Nebula class study model. Atleast I think I remember hearing someone saying that.

------------------
"The brocolli must die!"

-Stewie, The Family Guy

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the Melbourne, from when it was still a Nebula-class ship in "Best of Both Worlds."

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, Frank is correct, that is the USS Melbourne from that time line. And it looks like they took a Ertl 1/1400 scale Enterprise-D and bought a Nebula conversion. But instead of the regular upper pod, they place maybe the aft end of the Enterprise-D from the 3 piece set. It looks very strange. Maybe I'll ask Mike Okuda if that is the Melbourne and what is the registry number.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Melbourne's registry is NCC-62043.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This model was also seen recently on DS9 in Sisko's office, albeit possibly w/o the upper nacelles. But it also has the extended aft section. There was a huge discussion about this a while back...

------------------
"I think, therefore I go fast. (Cogito ergo zoom)"
-Frank Gerratana, July 12, 1999

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Nebula Class in Sisko's office had the regular triangular pod on it.

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Future Imperfect was just all and illusion created by Barash, he probably and did get some facts incorrect like having Minuet as his mother...

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Michael.

------------------

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya it's the melbourne. Future Imperfect was a great episode, though. I'm just amazed that they didn't alter it to show the imperfections of the illusion.

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

You are welcome, Federation Shipmaster.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps