Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SHELLY CURRY CLASS

Author Topic: SHELLY CURRY CLASS
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody got any good pictures of the Shelly/curry class ship? I think it has only been seen once, are there only frontview pictures of it? If there are any better ones then post them please.

------------------

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All sorts of nifty Curry shots can be found at Pedro's

In addition, an (accurate) schematic can be found here.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*balks* Not so... The saucer should be moved forward, the nacelle pylons should connect to the saucer at the midway point, not the back, and the possiblility exists that the nacelles are actually about twice that size (I still haven't decided which I think it is).

------------------
Taurik: "He's convinced Commander Riker doesn't like him."
Ben: "Why? You crash the ship into something?"
-TNG: "Lower Decks"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, more accurate than the one in the tech. manual!

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually, I think the DS9TM one might be closer than most people think, aside from the wrong pylons and the rotated nacelles...

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

And that whole, you know, hanger bay on the wrong end of the ship thing!

------------------
--
John Flansburgh

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that it appears to lack the other shuttlebay in the engineering hull. But aside from that and everything mentioned above, it's very close indeed.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is the original Excelsior style saucer, or the refit one with 2 deflector crystals and the fancier bridge?
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Sol: If you refer to the shuttlebay that's on the front of the ship, it's supposed to be there. It's clearly visible in the episode.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Huh? That's what I'm saying! Haven't you seen the version in the DS9 tech. manual?

------------------
--
John Flansburgh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Um... Not recently. I think I have it on my hard drive here someplace...

*looks*

Ah, I see. Well, it's not necessarily at the wrong end. There may be on in the back, for all we know. But apparently you're right that they forgot one at the indisputably right end...

------------------
"Merde!"
-commander of Napoleon's army, upon learning that the Duke of Wellington's forces had received assistance and were requesting his surrender

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited July 25, 1999).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps