Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Negh'Var-class Ships ($$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Negh'Var-class Ships ($$$$)
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the game BOTF, but are there any TNG-ST9 era games that have combat that you actually control, not turn based and is live???

Anyway, the Neghvar wasa the modified model from AGT, was the model ever used again agter the DS9 ep, Way of the Warrior?? I mean in the real Trek universe not used in the mirror universe. Was it used again in Real DS9's episodes?

Does anybody know if I can purchase the Ep Way of the Warrior here in the US???

I dont think that it can hold an Vorcha, but the small BOP that has a crew of 12 maybe, probably it could!

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think you can say that the same person who thought up the three-nacelled Galaxy in the AGT timeline would think it up in the current one. The AGT timeline was a product of Q, not something that came about naturally.

Of course, this has been a debate for some time. It's just my opinion that the whole thing was put in Picard's head by Q. Some people think it was supposed to have really happened. Who knows...?

------------------
"...more people buy Harry Potter novels than the works of Alexander Pope, but that's no measure of their quality."
-Tom Aylward-Nally, December 29, 1999

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon it's possible that the Voodieh-class and the Galaxy-refit may eventually exist. After all, the USS Venture already has the phaser arrays on top the nacelles - a feature of the future Ent-D. And beyond that, it is reasonable to assume that Q would have a sense of the future if not being able to see it directly. Am I making sense?

bonecrusher: The real Negh'var-class was only ever seen in "WotW" (I still haven't seen "WYLB" though).

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so the future Picard was a bit senile Still, although that future will probably not unfold (Deanna didn't die in 2375, E-D destroyed etc), SF might yet come up with the Galaxy mods.

Bonecrusher: there is another game with controllable combat out due soon... it's called Armada. If you don't want to wait, you could check out Starfleet Command.

BTW, are any of you TOP members as well?
------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

[This message has been edited by The_Evil_Lord (edited January 05, 2000).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, "Timeless" VOY gave us a peek (was it 15 years)into the future. We got to see a Galaxy Class from that period and still only two nacelles. This would be very close to the 25 year jump seen in AGT. Keep in mind too, that the only difference between the "Timeless" future and the one that will "really" happen is the fact that Chakotay and Kim never made it back and Voyager didn't crash. So I'd say the "Timeless" future is pretty close to accurate.

I didn't really like the 3 nacelled Galaxy anyway.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The difference between the 'Timeless' and 'All Good Things...' futures was 4 or 5 years. So if the 'Timeless' future is pretty accurate we will have the current uniforms (DS9, FC, Insurrction) for another 15 years, but get the hollowed arrow version of the communicator soon. I think that we will have that communicator because we have seen it in 'Timeless,' 'The Visitor,' and in 'All Good Thing...' If they Galaxy class modifications happen, they will happen in that 4 or 5 year period so the Enterprise in 'All Good Things...' may have been newly refitted.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point about the hollowed out arrowhead design. This would also apply to the not-so-great uniforms seen in AGT, The Visitor, and I think one other ep. They would have to come into use sometime after the future events we saw in Timeless, though.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to bring up a point about future commbadges, what about the TNG one seen in a few episodes? The one with the 4 bars to represent rank. I believe it was seen a couple of times though I can only think of "Future Imperfect". My question is what year would that commbadge come into use?

Sorry, I know this is completely off-topic regarding Negh'Var ships.

------------------
Calvin: "You don't think humans evolved from monkeys?"
Hobbes: "I sure don't see any difference."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worf wore that combage, in that episode where he was jumping into different realities.

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."

20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"

Quark-"With my death ray."

20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Neghvar was used in the mirror universe, and I think that is it for other appearances other than Way of the Warrior.

What is TOP?

When is Armada coming out?

Again, what season is video sales up to on DS9?

Thanks

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found some cool pics of the Negh'var if you wanna see um .
http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~rsorense/modelcitizen/trekships/klingons/

They are of the Studio Model , but there are a couple of them there which show it attacking an olympic class ship which shows 2 of the Negh'Vars attacking , i dont know if these are Real Screencaps of not , but the Olympic Class ships does have what seems to be its sheilds reacting to the Phaser fire from the Negh'Var which leads me to believe that they are screen caps.

Well Bonecrusher the only question that i can answer there is that Armada has no fixed release date .

I wrote a review of Armada you can check it out at
http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/trekgames/index.htm
------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited January 06, 2000).]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I don't know if it is allowed to "advertise" other Trek-related websites (official or un-official) so forgive me if I'm out of line.

Crusher: your question about Armada has already been answered but you can get tons of previews all over the web. Simply go to altavista or whatever and type in "Star Trek: Armada + games + reviews" or something similar and see the results.

TOP stands for The Omega Project which is a (very good I might add) site hosted by Star Trek addicts such as ourselves. There are many bulletin boards you can visit (which I'm not going to list) but they are all related to an aspect of Trek.
TOP is also the codename for a special project (hence the P) which is being worked on by members of that website; basically the team tries to iron out all the bugs in BotF and their goal is to release a patch (called the "co-op" patch for obvious reasons) in a few weeks that will turn BotF into the *sskicking game it should have been from the start.

Well that's it for the information I can give you on TOP except for the URL which I won't give until someone has assured me it's ok.

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dhunter - This is hardly a big violation of the code of use, however if you could restrict your links to sites or articles that are pertinent to the discussion at hand it would be great.

------------------
"That is the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle into a lions mouth and then flicking his love spuds with a wet towel".
- Rimmer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Dhunter: They are screen caps from All Good Things. However, since that ep took place (partly) in a future that has now been changed, the question has been raised whether or not this variation of the ship actually exists. We saw a similar one in Way of the Warrior.

------------------

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is a Violation i am sorry i just tried to answer Bonecrushers question.

Anyway lets try and bring this thread back to its original topic.

Again I apologize if i did anything wrong.

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps