Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Saber nacelles

Author Topic: Saber nacelles
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee and I were just talking about the Saber's nacelle structure...it seems that the side diagram we have is incorrect. The green outline shows where the nacelle is:

However, the top diagram shows a bit of a "dip":

You can see the dip especially well here:

Indeed, we should be able to see part of the glowing strip thing as a result of the dip, too:

OTOH, it seems that in DS9, the top glowing strip is often not lit (although this isn't always the case), perhaps leading to the confusion:

Anyway, here's Lee's corrected diagram. He'll be doing a redrawn one for UP3, also.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I received an emotional letter of complaint after a strip in which Dilbert used the expression 'jeepers cripes.' The writer chastised me for using the Lord's name in vain. I can only pray that the almightly Gosh will not darn me to heck for offending his son, Jeepers." - Scott Adams

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited August 06, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is why I posted that other thread. . . because the side diagram as featured in the Encyclopaedia 2 (and the DS9TM, surprise surprise) just never looked right - and when you look closely you see why. The nacelle has been blended into the side of the secondary hull. Indeed, there's even a hexagonal hull plate that overlaps.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it those diagrams confirm the 81947 registry....

------------------
"The Fabrux will never relent"
-Ben Embley

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really.

That is, Okuda says the eight was a labeling error.

------------------
"We took a small flight, in the middle of the night, from one tiny place to another."
--
Ben Folds Five

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Mike Okuda said that was an error.

------------------
"I received an emotional letter of complaint after a strip in which Dilbert used the expression 'jeepers cripes.' The writer chastised me for using the Lord's name in vain. I can only pray that the almightly Gosh will not darn me to heck for offending his son, Jeepers." - Scott Adams

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blink*

You've got me confused here, Frank.

------------------
"We took a small flight, in the middle of the night, from one tiny place to another."
--
Ben Folds Five

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registy is 61947 not 81947.

BTW: Yeager broke the soundbarrier for the first time in 1947

------------------
"Okay! No more mister knive guy!"

- Jim West, Wild Wild West

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted the completed and modified schematics over in the Design Forum - go to http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum11/HTML/000134.html. 8)
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Sol, you fool, you posted while I was typing!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps