Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Danube Class Refit

Author Topic: Danube Class Refit
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but when was the new type of runabout with the revised interior first introduced, and do we know its name? I first saw it with Kira, Odo, and the Cardassian Resistance in 'Tacking into the Wind.' I know I have a pic somewhere, but I can't access it right now.

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have no idea what you mean, but I have noticed three different Danube Class interiors. The first one I saw was in the TNG episode "Timescape" with Picard, Data, LaForge, and Troi onboard. The next Danube Class I saw was in the DS9 pilot, "Emissary" but with a different interior than the one from "Timescape." I think that runabout was the Rio Grande. Then I saw the regular runabout interior that I have seen for seven years on DS9. The same version was altered to serve as the interior of the Yellowstone Class runabout on the Voyager episode "Non Sequitur."

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

[This message has been edited by Michael_T (edited August 08, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that "Emissary" production predates "Timescape" by a bit. At any rate, I thought the runabouts were identical, save for the TNG episode actually showing us the aft section.

There are two flavors of runabout cockpit, however. The most notable difference between the two is the location of the transporter pad. One version has the pad located in a freestanding arch in the middle of the cockpit area, while the other has it set back at the aft of said area.

Example? O'Brien gets his coffee from the middle arch while he's running from everyone, not realizing he's a clone. Ezri gets her coffee from the back when Jake's trying to chat her up. (Before promptly discovering she hated it. The coffee, that is, not poor Jake.)

------------------
"We took a small flight, in the middle of the night, from one tiny place to another."
--
Ben Folds Five

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one that I am talking about has a free-standing console where the transporter pad used to be, and the transporter pad is behind a door.

Either this is new, or I've been smoking something.

http://kcohn.simplenet.com/alidarjarok/deepspace9/tackingintothewind/Tack25.jpg

And you can see it better if you watch the eppie.

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My question is when did they begin covering up the side windows? Originally they were "open" to portray the starfield passing by. Later they were covered up by some kind of "hatch" design. Presumably to save money on effects shots. Speaking of runabouts, I still get a kick out of the crashed one in "Battlelines." The nacelle shown in the wreckage is not from a runabout.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the change from red to teal in the cabin highlights...

------------------
"The Fabrux will never relent"
-Elim Garak

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 09, 1999).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Goodfeathers voice*

As far back as I can remember, the free-standing console was in 'In Purgatory's Shadow', in Worf and Garak's cockpit, and , Jeez Louise, may even have been in 'Things Past'. This'd put the new interiors @ about the beginning of Season 5.

Hang on, the Yukon was first seen in the 'Sons of Mogh', am I right? I didn't notice anything untowards there, and didn't it have a free-standing console when we see the fake Bashir with it in 'By Inferno's Light'? Complisations abound.

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone. Please.

Chances are I probably am.

Damn my wretched life.

*Reaches for the drinks cabinet, and gets happy*

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we were dicussing the Defiant class before DS9 ended we came to think no one class had the same interior design. The only refit I could think of would be from WIN 71 to WIN 74.

------------------
It's all about the Pentiums, Baby!
"I'm down with Bill Gates, I call him Money for short
I phone him up at home and I make him do my tech support"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps