Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » End of Boredom (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: End of Boredom
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about Bernd's comment about the boring mid-September, and perhaps the following month will be the one to change that. Remember, the new Encyclopedia will be out, with all the new errors in ship sizes - it'll probably have Hidekis, Big Dominion Cruisers, Son'a Vessels, Breen ship, Equinox, Raven, and god knows how many other ships.

Unfortunately, that will be it for the book market in the coming months. The DS9 Companion won't be out until August next year (and that by Terry Erdmann as opposed to Larry Nemecek, who knows what kind of book that will be). Shortly thereafter, we have Starship Enterprise which deals with the various Enterprises (by the Encyclopedia team: Mike, Doug, and Denise). Unfortunately, Voyager TM won't be out until 2001 according to Margaret Clark, and I guess that the series would be finalizing its run by then.

HOWEVER, in 2001 or 2002 we'll have the new Star Trek series which is definitely in development, so that should be kinda exciting if I may say so. That would also be the time period for the next movie (nothing in development for 2000). And that's as far as I can see in the future.

Maybe we can now talk about the past a little bit? What were some of the most exciting moments here on the forums? I'd say the Prometheus, the FC ships, the DS9TM...what do you think?

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wasn't here for any of those 3 events, so I wouldn't really know...

------------------
This post will self destruct in 10 seconds

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The appearance of the Prometheus and the FC Ships were definitely exciting. The DS9TM, however, was a compete wet blanket.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, the Prometheus...what a ship! That's the kind of ship that I hope would be seen again on Voyager or in the new Trek series. Hopefully this time, the ship will have fixed all the bugs in it. And the battle in "First Contact," wow! It was like seeing the battle at Wolf 359, except with more detail. All those ship classes, the Akira, Saber, Steamrunner, Norway, Nebula, Soyuz, Miranda, and the Defiant(NX-74205) fighting that Borg cube.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm almost sure there will be no Equinox. Maybe even no Breen stuff. Time constraints.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Okuda saying that he had managed to squeeze in some stuff from the finales...but I don't happen to recall what.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, the FC ships and the Prommie were definately exciting times on these boards (or ones that preceeded it).

I think if Okuda managed to fit something from the Finale - (was it just the finale or was it the 10 ep arc!?!) Then we might get the Gander/Gahnda and the Breen.

Andrew

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just DS9 stuff, IIRC, so that's why I doubt the Equinox being in it...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that Okuda never put any information or even a mention of the Equinox. He only snuck in mainly stuff from the DS9 ending and other things.

Anyway, the season permire of Voyager will give us a lot to talk about such as what path did the Equinox take to head back to the Alpha Quad, what kind of modifications Ransome and his crew did to the ship, the ship length, and how weak the Nova Classes are.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I wish CIC would hurry up and release more videos. I probably won't get to see Equinox until December (you North Americans are sooooooo lucky).

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Dax, I guess we are. We get to see Equinox II this Wednesday. Sorry you have to wait so long.

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
Federation Starship Datalink - Yet another site based on the popularity of starships.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael_T: What prommie-bugs? I know, I know, there is usually always bugs in a new ship, but I think they were kind to let it perform flawlessly in the ep!

------------------
This Windows ninety-fi-i-ive,
it's sucking up my dri-i-ive,
when my pc,
is obsolete,
I have to buy myself a brand-new-machiiine.

(That Weird guy)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered how the Romulans got their hands on the Prometheus in the first place. The ship can obviously better a Warbird. Come to think of it, that's probably why they didn't show/reveal that
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not expecting the Equinox, either, although it would have been the most attractive addition.

Anyway, there will be enough stuff to comment on, and now that I've ordered it in time I won't have to ask everyone to look things up like last year in the DS9TM

------------------
*Obscure humorous pretentious Gaelic-Latin signature*
Ex Asterige Scientia

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you come to the US as well, so we can all have fun?

BTW, I've looked into the listings for this UPN-9 station and they have "Year of Hell, Part 1" today at 11:30 p.m. EST. Tomorrow it's Part 2, and then on Wednesday it's 8-10 p.m. for Equinox Parts 1 and 2. Gonna kill myself with all the Voyagers around...

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited September 20, 1999).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps