Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Delta Flyer successor (say it ain't so) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Delta Flyer successor (say it ain't so)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...that's because the E-E sets were stored. The DS9 sets have been stricken. As in torn down. No longer in existance.

Could they be rebuilt? I would imagine so. As you point out, the runabout set isn't all that big. But then it comes back to building a new set, which is the reason the aerowing was supposed to be a modified runabout in the first place.

Now, having said this, it is also possible that the runabout set was saved. But most of the station is gone, which I find rather sad. (Unless someone can prove that it hasn't been. Keep in mind, I'd really like to be wrong about this. )

On a partially related note, I've heard it said that Voyager won't be introducing any new sets this season, on account of having to spend that money on repairs to the bridge/conference/ready room complex. Though I would think that that would be insured or something.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this could be a new thread, but I haven't heard reports on the DS9 sets, like I heard reports on TNG sets - i.e. dumpsters filled with parts, wrecking balls sitting in amongst the sets...

I've only heard reports of the sets having been 'gone' and that walking the sets it was lonely... and another production moved in right away... whishful thinking, but maybe some sets were kept, or at least not destroyed.

And plus, I've read a lot of cast and crew comment on how marvellous and beautiful the sets were (which they were)

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope they survived, if only so that The First One's movie can be filmed.

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*must get on and write that*
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice if they at least saved a few pieces of the sets so they could do something like the did for Voyager's upper transporter pads (parts from TOS, IIRC) and the curving windows in the Voyager Ready Room (the TNG Observation Lounge set upside down).

I love little details like that.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol System,

Yes, the runabout set along with the other DS9 sets were torn down. But look at what you said, the Ent-E set was STORED. The could have torn it down, stored the parts, and put it back together from one of those nifty sets of instructions that come in the box.

So, yes, you are right, the DS9 sets were torn down, but I find it highly unlikely that they wouldn't store the parts so they could put them back together again.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Saving certain items to later recycle on Voyager would save on their budget.

------------------
"The keyboard, how quaint."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the millennium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that the lights near the doors in Voyager's mess hall were taken from the E-A's officers mess.

------------------
This post will self destruct in 10 seconds

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know what ever happened to the back of the runabout set that was seen in 'Timescape' - according to Larry Nemecek's ST:TNG companion, it was built on the TNG budget to help out its sister show.

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading that the Ops and Promenade sets were actually still intact, but were gutted. The basic set is still there because it was way too big to try and rip down. Maybe they did finally take it down though.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

To be cynical, they'd probably want to just trash the DS9 stuff because they don't ever have any plans to use it again.

To be slightly less cynical, most of the DS9 sets are very unique. No right angles anywhere...the station was in my opinion one of the most visually interesting science fiction sets to come around in awhile. But that uniqueness can be a handicap, as it makes it harder to disguise the sets in future uses. "Look, that staircase is Cardassian!"

Anyway, it's all just speculation, and here's hoping that they've kept all of it.

On the other hand, how much of the Enterprise itself did they keep from movie to movie back in the 80's?

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps