Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Stupid Question ($$$ Equinox)

Author Topic: Stupid Question ($$$ Equinox)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many Torpedoes did Voyager use on the Equinox? And how many do they have left? (I think there was a page for that, so can someone please repost it?)

Yes, yes, I've asked this question before. But hey, I haven't watched much Voyager until last weekend.

And could they have found a way to "manufacture" torpedoes? If they did that to shuttles, well, it wouldn't be THAT HARD to create a torpedo.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Equinox, Part II": Four torpedoes in opening volley at warp, one torpedo while orbiting the planet, two more to blow off part of the port nacelle.

I think that's it. Seven...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torpedoes would actually be quite easy to manufacture. All you need is a case, a guidance system, and an engine. Antimatter comes from the ship's pods. The most complicated part to build would probably be the case/containment field, or the computer. (Since you wouldn't want to be cannibalizing too many of the ship's internals. You'd probably look to trade for compatible computer tech. from other planets.)

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the absolute ton of torpedoes used up in 'Night'?
There was the "warp flare" (1), the three used on the spatial distortion (4), and at least 4 used on the Malon freighter (9).

Voyager's crew HAVE to be manufacturing torpedoes (about blooody time!). Their original stocks would have dried up by now (after 'Night'), if not before it.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In one of the first epsiodes they said they had only 39 torpedoes. Either they found a way to replace them or they must have meant 39 thousand...

------------------
"Take it from me: it's a lot more fun asking questions than answering them." (Garak)

USS Allegiance NCC-74813
http://davok.cjb.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they can build the Delta Flyer they should be able to build about anything. I'd like to see them on an Ore gathering mission. We haven't seen them taking on supplies for some time.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it was 38 torpedoes. And it looks like Janeway and Chakotay get honors in the stupid department (quote from "The Cloud"):

quote:
Chakotay: We have a compliment of 38 photon torpedoes.
Janeway: And no way to replenish them once they're gone

Hmmm, Voyager's continuity department strikes again.

Also, I believe that Voyager would either have been out by this episode, or that 4th torpedo would have done them in if I've been counting right.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5/Crusade Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Contributing Writer
Beyond Babylon
http://www.b5mg.com/Beyond_Babylon

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited September 28, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Janeway follows the path of the Riker.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how is it that Equinox has a full load of torpedoes? You mean they have not used a single torpedo since coming to the Delta Quadrant? No wonder every race they meet has been kicking their butt. I used to keep track of the number of torpedoes that Voyager had (using the 38 in The Cloud as a reference) until I realized the writers threw that out the window along with the shuttles. Heck they can't even keep a consistent figure on the number of crewmen aboard ship. Everytime someone gives a figures it contradicts another episode.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

"Full complement" in the Equinox's case was obviously not a full complement of torpedoes as a generalisation, seeing how they'd already used a couple torpedoes fighting off Voyager by that point.

This leaves us wondering why they said "full complement" au lieu of something like a full spread. "Complement" must be interchangeable with the number of torpedoes required for a task or something along those lines.

It's that or a writer goof.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps