Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Prometheus MSD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Prometheus MSD
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I know I said I scan the Dauntless MSD in the enc3, but I couldn't get a good scan with it. It's too small, and unless the image is a decent size, LCARS stuff like the MSD never show up good on it. I certainly wouldn't mind having a book of them though for all the well-known and even some of the not-so-well-known ships.

------------------
"The keyboard, how quaint."
Federation Starship Datalink - Yet another site based on the popularity of starships.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! The Yamato registry...
Here is another one of those errors.

I am voting for NX-74913 as being the correct number, and the error being the number on the hull!

To quote Steve Pugh at startrek.expertforum.ricksternbach:

quote:
This one is:
(a) Higher than the Nebula class USS Prometheus NCC-71201
(b) between the Intrepids 74656 and 74705 and the Sao Paulo NCC-75633
and scout craft NCC-75227. Which fits in perfectly for commissioning
dates.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really doubt registries are assigned at comissioning, though (Ent-D/Phoenix, Bradbury/Sutherland, etc.).

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they're not assigned at commissioning, are they assigned later or prior?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prior would be the most logical.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone here is going to try to fix the Prometheus MSD?

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you mean?

------------------
A-"Dippidy Doo." Q-"What forms on your dippity early in the morning?"--Johnny Carson

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fix as in...? Personally, the only context in which I would use the word fix would be to fix a fan-drawn schematic after seeing the real thing. If you mean the hull proportions, they can be altered to match the actual shape more closely, but the MSD is not "wrong" because of that. It's just that Starfleet cares less about proportions in displays of this kind.

The registry conflict also has a reason. What's the pattern? In two cases, we've seen hull registries in conflict with the dedication plaques: a U.S.S. Defiant NCC 74210, as well as a U.S.S. Sao Paulo NCC 74205. We know that the plaques are correct in this case, hence there must be a reason for Starfleet to be changing them on the outer hull. Once we figure out what this reason is, we can apply the same to the 59650 of the Prometheus.

Boris

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited October 03, 1999).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"...hence there must be a reason for Starfleet to be changing them on the outer hull."

Perhaps they hired DS9's special FX people has their hull painters.

------------------
"The keyboard, how quaint."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they did...

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er... Hobbes? I think yer link is broken, buddy...

------------------
WARNING: Storing semtex in the microwave
may be hazardous to your health!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps