Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$$$Interesting Insurrection$$$$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$$$Interesting Insurrection$$$$$$$
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Supposedly there was also a scene with Quark, that they cut also.

------------------
Photon torpedoes, once a finite supply, haven't been a problem since all those Wal-Marts opened up in the Delta Quadrant. -Jim Wright

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see a bit of the "librarian" scene. It really WAS a ridiculously stereotypical portrayal. The only thing missing was horn-rimmed glasses... I think.

As another librarian, I just want to say "ECCH."

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did have the ejection scene and cut it? They cut so many scenes that the movie is only 1 1/2 hour, this is a thing I will never understand. And the ejection scene is the one I miss most of all. And the dialogue (something like "already done") in this scene does the rest to take away all the thrill.

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Eaves about the warp core ejection scene:
"The shot was out yesterday, it's back in today. Who knows where it will go from here?"

Well, we know the result.

There several more of these things in the book 'The secrets of Star Trek Insurrection'.
Like this one: The Son'a command ship was meant the fly the opposite way.
John Eaves:
"(...) I drew it to fly with the forks forward (...) but Peter Lauritson liked it going the other way. He thought that gave it a more sinister look."

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who originally turned the DS9 cardassian panels upside down? was it again Peter Lauritson!?!

------------------
"The story..." Londo says, "is not over yet. The story is never over."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really $hits me how they changed the direction of the flagship The battleships fly with the forks forward so the flagship should too. It was the way it was meant to be, let alone consistency. It would have looked more sinister, too. *sigh*

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when did the battleships fly with the forks forward?

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes... They flew the other way around, did they not...?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's whatI thought. . .
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um guys, the battleships have the forks on the outside of the arc, which happens to be the front of the ship. Have a look at this scale chart from Eaves Son'a and Ent-E. Only Ru'afo's ship was turned around in the movie.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

[This message has been edited by Dax (edited October 22, 1999).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K. Guys, I know I'm a little slow, but "The Librarian Scene"??? Could someone discribe this for me, please? I've never heard of it before.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was supposed to be a 'cropped-together-paper-ball' (I don't know the proper English word) fight in the movie between Riker and Troi. The librarian would make a stereotype "be silent" type remark.

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I'm serious!
Hello?!?

Did I kill this thread or something??

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Librarian didn't act much like Giles from Buffy then?

------------------
Cordellia: "Well, does looking at guns make you wanna have sex?"
Xander: "I'm seventeen. Looking at linoleum makes me wanna have sex."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

She didn't even say one single word, and she was on screen for about half a second or so...

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps