Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Regarding the Sydney again. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Regarding the Sydney again.
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: By emoticons do you mean these things ? Try to edit this post and you'll see the light.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this:
http://members.aol.com/IDICPage/GemKirk60.html

Note that the modifications do away with all the "small craft" features of the original shuttle design. Gone are the ventral "nacelles" (which were anachronistic for STVI but perfect for Generations), all the large portholes, and any traces of the doorway. Also note the teeny weeny control cabin above the shuttlebay!

It seems that the shuttlebay has a ramplike door that is open in this picture but might be moveable in the actual model. The small dark square thing below the shuttlebay might in turn be the impulse engine.

Dax: thanks a million for the tip It's nice to be here. Now if I just learned not to hit the line feed quite so often...

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. After looking at those pictures, I'm not so sure about the warp nacelles being moved between the time of the Sydney and the DS9 ship.

I sure wish that guy would put up a contents page for his pictures, though. Lots of great rarities, but no way to find them other than random clicking!

------------------
"Stirs a large iron pot. Casting a spell on Vermont."
--
John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that 'shuttle observation' windows - might be a rec dec or 'ten forward' type room - especially on a transport...

Its probably called 8-backward

------------------
"Remove your hand or I will remove your arm!" - 7 of 9

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have received the Fact Files issue on the Sydney this week, and I was very disappointed. The ship is again designated as a large shuttlecraft or something like that, and it is not pointed out that the warp nacelles are of the same type as the Constitution's. The schematic is butt ugly and has several flaws. Most blatantly all the details on the bottom of the ship are missing, and this looks awkward. The window arrangement is not correct, either. Honestly, I think my version is much better. However, I have to admit the nose section is not as pointed as in my previous version, so I had to correct it, even though it looks less elegant now.
http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/schematics/sydney.jpg

There is no aft view, but the whole aft section is labeled with something like "engine exhaust" (don't remember exactly, and it's German anyway). It is obvious that there must be impulse engines, but I doubt it's thast huge. I think the impulse engines are the small rectangular things sticking out from the bottom (which are not visible at all in the FF).

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps