Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Class Question (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Class Question
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mawasi and the Nihydran ships were nice, definitely.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd have to say the Warbird is my favourite alien ship. The Negh'var (Sternbach's best design?) and Son'a battleship are pretty cool, too.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Vor'cha better than the Negh'var. It's a simpler looking, more straight-forward design. Not that the Negh'Var isn't cool too.

------------------
"Naomi Wildman, sub-unit of Ensign Samantha Wildman, state your intentions." (VOY: "Infinite Regress")
Ex Astris Scientia

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's my problem with the Vor'cha - it's just too plain. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

BTW, does anyone know where the Vor'cha fwd torpedo launcher is? Does it even have one?

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a problem with many ships - there just isn't a surface feature anywhere that would correspond to a torp tube. Which is why my favorite is the New Orleans... It isn't difficult to tell where her big guns are supposed to be Miranda is a close second, for similar reasons.

Timo Saloniemi

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Sovereign Class ships... First of all.. It's newer !! But talk about War Machine... Quantum Torps ... ahhhh.... I love it.

The Nebula Class ships are nice esthetically.. I like those as well.

For Klingons: Vor'Cha class.. Love 'em!!

------------------
Alshrim Dax

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Vor'cha's forward torp launcher not in the notch in the nose?

------------------
"General Hammond: Request permission to beat the crap out of this man."
-Colonel O'Neill, Stargate: SG-1: "Bane"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here�s an unscientific tally of the votes. I didn�t weight the votes for first, second, and third like they do for baseball MVP, since some people listed favorite ships in no particular order. I just counted how many times someone mentioned the ship favorably.

1. Akira: 10 votes
2. Galaxy: 7 votes
3. Excelsior: 6 votes
4. Defiant, Intrepid, Sovereign: 5 votes
5. Prometheus, Miranda, EntA: 4 votes
6. Steamrunner, Sabre, Ent0, Nova, Danube, New Orleans, Nebula: 2 votes
7. Soyuz, Centaur, Ambassador, Workbee (!): 1 vote

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

TSN: That's the main disruptor cannon. We've seen that fire in a multitude of episodes. I don't remember ever seeing a Vor'cha fire a torpedo, though. Can anyone correct me on this (I hope so)?

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DID SOMEONE SAY BRADBURY? Got pics? I would like to see them.

I enjoy the T'pau "Apollo" Class. Simple yet serves a purpose.

Hey do you think the Defiant front looks like the Ark from Transformers or vice versa? Have we seen a similar fronts on other ships too?

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the alien ship in the South Park episode "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe" is DEFINITELY the Defiant seen from the front. . . 8)
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

As the DS9TM notes, the Defiant is horribly similar in appearance to the Cardassian Hideki-class. Funnily enough, they were both designed by Martin.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brown: Well, as the Brsdbury has never been seen, no, no-one has pictures.

------------------
"General Hammond: Request permission to beat the crap out of this man."
-Colonel O'Neill, Stargate: SG-1: "Bane"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira-Class is my definite #1, Sovereign-Class, and the "Venture"-Class Scout seen in Insurrection.

Of the older ones, the Miranda and the Excelsior Refit are my favorites.

Cheap plug: Akira-Class Starship Page: http://techfx.brunslo.com/uplinkweb/akira/

The information on that site assumes the designer's original layout (the one that makes sence).

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the Bradbury hasn't been seen officially, but I think he's referring to this non-canon design, which I created about five years ago.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps