Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Operation: Retrieve

Author Topic: Operation: Retrieve
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While (finally) watching my widescreen edition of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, I looked anxiously for the elusive ships that are on the Operation: Retrieve and on the status screens on the Enterprise-A Bridge. Unfortunatly, neither are highly visible. So, the question arises, how people find out the names and numbers of all the ships listed if it isn't visible? Are there pictures of these screens/props available?

There is one minor thing, from Operation: Retrieve. On the page showing 3 starships coming in at varying angles into a solar system, there is a small chart off to the right listing ships, and above each ship is a small top view diagram of the class. From what I saw, I think there were a Constitution, Miranda, and Oberth shown, though I could be wrong. Getting the ships listed there would be exremely valuable.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bjo Trimble apparently got to see the charts, since the names are in her book, "The Star Trek Concordance."

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody got the DVD and an HDTV? ;-)

------------------
"...more people buy Harry Potter novels than the works of Alexander Pope, but that's no measure of their quality."
-Tom Aylward-Nally, December 29, 1999

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe first hand info like the one The Shadow described are mostly responsible for this. People who have seen it or who created those things (like the Okudas possibly) are the ones who give us the inside info. For instance the Encyclopedia lists a bunch of ships from the Op Retrieve chart.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, only the Eagle and Constellation are in the Encyclopedia, though the Essex and Excalibur (Both Constitution Class) might also be in there.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps