Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Why Voyager sucks

Author Topic: Why Voyager sucks
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship i mean, the thing fights a ship smaller than the Intrepid and yet it sill looses! I mean come on, you got a borg on board and some "technologies" onboard e.g. Isokinetic cannnon, nanoprove torp.'s and a shit load of new shield frequiences for them to escape there "bad situations" they should be able ammount a better defense and create a new shield and weapon system, and they cant even figure out there Quantum Slipstream drive, yet they used it once successfully used it in hope and fear, why didnt they just reuse it and not build a new one???

PS this is my opinon, I want some responses about how they could improve there shields weapons etc! Why else does it suck??

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure don't want to see them improve their shields or weapons in any way. Think of it - if they could do that, what explanation could there possibly exist for Starfleet not having done it ALREADY?

The ship is as good as Starfleet can make it. If it doesn't cut it in battle, then too bad. It needs to rely more on cunning plans than firepower, then.

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to be fair, Voyager is usually outnumbered, rather then out...uh, teched.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

Hello? The Voyager is a scout ship and not a battleship...and starfleet usually starts fireing last...when no other sollutions are possible and when they can't escape anymore...

Remember the episode when seven accused a trader for extracting borg technology from her to use in weapons...when his ship attacked the voyager they didn't fire on it even when their shields were destroyed...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K. I get really pissed off at stuff like this. Most of the things you're complaining about have been explained. The Slipstream is an extrememly advanced tech that wasn't designed for Voyager in the first place! Plus, it nearly destroyed the ship! "Why don't they just rebuild it!" You rebuild the damn thing! They're (and note the use of 'they're' not 'there') alone on the other side of the galaxy with limited resources and you'd have them build form scratch a technology that has never been studied and can't be looked at in a controlled environment. And people say the shuttle problems defy credibility. Sheesh!

What you argue for is the death of drama. Why can't they just solve all their problems overnight? Cause the friggin' series would be over!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

Dont lecture me on grammer or english, I DONT GIVE A SH**! Anyway they could combine the tech to improve the ship, they did it to update and build a new shuttle, the Delta Flyer!

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A ship is only as good as it's crew and captain.

Case close

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then Voyager's a GREAT ship.

*smites Voyager-bashers*

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Engages old-scholar-rant* "Oh yees, Smite Thee Down Thine Enemy With A Sword-stick."

Besides, voyager is only small if you compare it to a Vor'Cha, Warbird or Akira, in the arms-race that is the alpha quadrant. It has outgunned many deltaquad-vessels in it's path.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 22, 2000).]

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it has BEEN outgunned by many vessels in its path, too... check my other topic called "I'm bored... etc" (couldn't resist promoting it )

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

warbird5
Ex-Member

Voyager is always either outgunned or outnumbered. that what creates the drama in the series. Plus, Voyager is a long range scout ship, hence the top speed of warp 9.975. Janeway always tries diplomacy before fighting. That's kinda common sense b/c they are just a scout ship stuck on the other side of the Galaxy. if they didn't use diplomacy, there would be fleets of ships coming after them.
warbird5
Ex-Member

Even if they went against a minor power with 100 or so ships, they would be blown to bits. Imagine if they went against a federation sized entity with 20,000-30,000 ships.
warbird5
Ex-Member

I know this reply does not belong in this thread but, I'm finally a regular member. Within 1 month, i came from being a new member to a regular member
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I went from new member to nobody in a month, thanks to a glitch in somebody's unauthorized editing attempt! Aargh! When and how can I get my nice "member" line back?

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps