Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New cardassian ship?

Author Topic: New cardassian ship?
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a recent ds9 episode, we saw a cardassian repair facility. In the hangarbay to the left, one can barely see something that looks like small ships. Anyone who knows what they are?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's a small ship it's probably a Hideki.

------------------
"Move your mind, it's gonna cost you nothing"
-Eiffel 65, Move Your Body

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a new design: after all, that episode does feature never-before-seen Cardassian work pods, so a new ship would not be out of the question either.

We know that there is at least one Cardassian ship type we have not yet seen: in "Maneuvers", Chakotay and Torres speak of a Cardassian frigate they disabled in Bajoran orbit in their Maquis days. Now the Galor and Keldon are either cruisers (as the Cardassians themselves say) or destroyers (as Sisko sometimes calls the Galors). The Hidekis are small patrol ships, hardly worthy of the name frigate if we assume the New Orleans class is what Starfleet calls a frigate.

A Cardassian frigate might be sized like a Miranda or a New Orleans - so it probably wouldn't be the ship seen in the episode.

Timo Saloniemi

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we talking about "Tacking into the Wind"? I found it strange how Kira's Cardassian shuttle looked exactly the same as the Hideki-class - only much smaller. Reminds me of that business with the Kazon raiders and their near identical shuttles.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don�t think they are hideki-class, they just look wrong. If it�s the nose we are seeing, they look more blunt than the slim hideki-class.
Cardassian workpods?? You have any screencaps?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But is "TitW" the right episode? It's the one where Kira and co. steal a Jemmy Bug.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Yeah, I�m talking about tacking into the wind, sorry about that. In that epipsode you can see small
ships(?) in the starbase. The cardassian workpods I haven�t seen. (Still would like to see screencaps of those) Here in Sweden no tv network airs star trek. All I know comes from the web...(sighs...)

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, youre svensk too. Tjena

------------------
An arboretum? On the Defiant?
If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand!

(Worf "The Last Straw")

Starship Freak
Member # 293

This is to Nimrod: jajamen, svensk, fr�n G�teborg

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Sov: Cool. When I get the time I'll review my video of the episode.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sort of Frist Contact speak* "G�teborg? Sounds Swedish..." :-)

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

That would be great, thanks! (Wouldn�t happen to have seen the sphinx workpod in "Relativity" and have some screencaps??)
Yup, I�m from Sweden! Poor country to live in if you happen to like Star Trek :-(

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

I checked "Tacking" and I didn't see anything new except those tiny Cardassian workpods.

West Australia isn't the best place if you're a Trek fan either. If anything, I'm glad they release the CIC videos here.

Oh yeah, I aint got the hardware to be making screen caps.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps