Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Picard's Quarters on the E

Author Topic: Picard's Quarters on the E
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching Insurrection again, I noticed that the windows in Picard's quarters don't conform to any windows visible on the outside (Deck 10). His quarters, and windows are a revamped Voyager set, with three bars on the windows. There's a picture in the Star Trek Magazine issue#1, page 33. It shows the vertical window bars. Even though the sets have been destroyed, wouldn't the Enterprise-D quarters with their sloped windows be more appropriate?
Hoping to start a good thread here.......

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not exactly sure what happend to the crew quarter windows of the Enterprise-D, but they would be much more appropriate with the Enterprise-E set. Besides, Picard's quarters seem to be on the engineering section more than the saucer section due to the windows. It's odd though that Picard's quarters was created by redecorating Janeway's quarters.

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His quarters couldn't be in the Engineering section, since when he gets back to the Enterprise and hops in the turbolift, he tells it to go to Deck 10.
It is strange that they redresses Janeway's quarters, too. I like them, but give Picard his own!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though Picard's quarters on the E-E were a redress of Janeway's quarters, remember that Janeway's quarters is a redress of Picard's quarters on the E-D. It's all the same set. Redressing a set saves money in the budget.
hadenm
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere, I believe, or someone stated that his quarters (sp.) are connected to the ready room. (That means somewhere around Deck one or two.
IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard's quarters on the E-D were on Deck 8, supposedly the forwardmost portion. On the E-E, it's on Deck 10, possible also the forwardmost portion. The set is/was not connected to any ready room set.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally the captains quarters are the large large windows on the top front of the E-D - and I assume for the E-E too. The windows from TNG - didn't EXACTLY match the hull - but it didn't really matter...

Strange that they make the captain's quarter's windows so much bigger than the rest - along comes an adversary - where is the captain?

Riker: errrr - not on board sorry
Enemy: you lie - I can see him in his quarters...
Riker: *looks around sheepishly* Red Alert, Shields up! Load photon torpedoes charge phaserbanks...

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps