Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Newest Voyager episode ****spoilers****

Author Topic: Newest Voyager episode ****spoilers****
bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I just watched it and thought it sucked like the last few, my question is, how was the Hirogen there, PS THERE WAS ALSO A VOTH IN THE CROWD, Voyager has gone like 10 years farther then another 3 years due to wormholes and a lot of shortcuts ie quantum slipstream etc, how where those species there, I know about the Hirogen as hunter wolfpacks but it doesnt seem possible, then that means the hirogen are really spread throughout the quadrant! IT DOESNT SEEM POSSIBLE BECAUSE VOYAGER IS WAY FARTHER AWAY FROM THE EARLY PRE BORG DAYS WITH THE VOTH, AND THE HIROGEN FROM THE KILLING GAME.

ps I liked Weyouns character as the fight controller, and the JG Hetzler, aka General Martog was a good Hirogen

------------------
"I Got two words for you.. S*uck it!"-DeGeneration X
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher
http://members.xoom.com/smartiee

IP: Logged
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voth were established as having transwarp technology, so they could be quite capable of crossing vast distances of space far faster than Voyager. The Hirogen were also stated as being spread throughout the Delta Quadrant, so that's possible too.

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ep was good , I liked it alot anyway there were some werid points for example the fight seen between the fight ship , Voyager and the D. Flyer

Why did Voyager take so much damage with one hit and the d. flyer was left unscaved but was on the other end of like 3 shots ?

Anyway , the Hirgon was said to have been kidnapped. As for the Voth , they do have Transwarp as was pointed out earlier .

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

Oh here is another topic, that ship could have kicked Voyager's ass, yet they were rescued by a shuttlecraft, Delta Flyer, I like the WWF, but the Rock sucked. Also I meant to say earlier, JG Hetzler showed what looked like klingon spirit in a Hirogen body the 2 characters where very similar so that's probably why they hired him for the episode.

Oh I know they both are capable of being there it just seems to damn convienet that they where both there, and i thought the Voth stayed on there city ship and where always on the move. I guess this proves the Hirogen are really spread out and we can see them again, Voyager's best enemy. Oh and PUKE BORG CHILDREN RUNNIN A CUBE, SURE!!!!

------------------
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope Hertzler isn't being typecast as a Klingon or similar. He's capable of more than that (just look at "Far Beyond the Stars" or "Chimera", the latter probably being the better example).

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited February 10, 2000).]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't this thread belong in the Voyager forum?

Anyway, my guess as to why the Flyer could save the day is that is was partially made with Borg technology which is superior to Federation tech.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where I can find a pic of the fightship? I live in Sweden you see, and noone airs ST on television here :-(

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well - yeah as mentioned above - the DF is more % Borg than Voyager is.

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Krenim and Timo have already pointed out why there is nothing wrong with having Voth and Hirogen, but Voyager never once used wormholes to get closer to home, anyway.

quote:
and i thought the Voth stayed on there city ship and where always on the move.

Well, this was never said or implied. If they did that, why would Gegen have had his own ship and been travelling all over, searching for Voyager?

quote:
Oh and PUKE BORG CHILDREN RUNNIN A CUBE, SURE!!!!

And the reason this is evil is...?

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

They used a Wormhole last season with "Night" the Malon remember????? They only got 3/4 of the way throught though!

------------------
Oh Hell Ya there back!

Bonecrusher

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't they call it something other than a wormhole...? Hmm. And they got all the way through, IIRC.
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They called it a Spacial Vortex, IIRC. And they rode the shockwave out of the Vortex, but had to use their inertia to go the rest of the way out of the 'Void'.

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps