Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Fact Files!!

Author Topic: Fact Files!!
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound naive to all of you, but the only thing I know of the Fact Files is that it's a European publication that has great Star Trek schematics.
Is there a website out there that has all these schematics?
I live in Canada. Is it possible to get a subscription?
If so, how?
Thanks

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it has great schematics. I have Constitution (+refit), Excelsior(+refit), Ambassador, Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant, Intrepid, Danube, Miranda(variations), Constellation, Nebula, Prometheus, Freedom, Olympic, Oberth, Niagara, Aeon and shuttle schematics. http://www.crosswinds.net/%7Earesexpanse/sots/sots-fr.htm
This site uses some schematics from the Fact Files.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 21, 2000).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had a scanner, I'd send them across to you...

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ares Expanse SOTF site also uses many of my drawings, and those of John T. Moltz without proper credit given or even a link to my site provided, in violation of the copyright notice on my site. It even includes several ship classes I invented and designed, such as the Perseus, Odysseus, and Icarus classes, without permission.

I am getting mighty sick of webmasters who lift stuff from my sight without bothering to meet the two simple requirements of my copyright notice: that they give credit and provide a link.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, Laz, what does that have to do with the Fact Files?

------------------
Star Trek: Leeds
Creator, Producer, Only Writer

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... the Fact Files have good (if innacurrately-labelled) schematics... but I would love to get hold of some of the behind-the-scenes articles from the American "Star Trek: The Magazine", which is published by the same people but has a far more mature style. The FF are aimed at children *sigh*...
Can anyone help me out? I am prepared to scan schematics and exchange them for these articles, but unfortunately I don't have many of them at University with me and I have no way of "cleaning up" the scans (ie. converting to nice black and white line art) at the moment.

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is inaccurate?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Laz1701
Ex-Member

You know, I don't know how the heck that got into this thread. The only place where I posted about this was in the topic I started, and then in the OF after the topic was moved there.

------------------

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Oops, I know what must have happened. I was originally going to post that in this thread after I followed the link to the SOTF site that appears in this thread, but I canceled the post after I decided to start a new topic. The canceled post must have gotten through anyway. I hate when that happens.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps