Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » BoBW II: rescuing Picard from the Borg

Author Topic: BoBW II: rescuing Picard from the Borg
johnboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Best of Both Worlds Part II there was one last great sequence when Data and Worf beam on board the Borg cube from a shuttlecraft.
I always thought that they launched from the Stardrive battle section, either using shuttle bay 2 or 3.

Now, ten years later while watching the episode again, I'm thinking I may have misunderstood the sequence.

If I'm reconstucting this correctly, Riker disengages the saucer, fully expecting Picard to ignore the saucer. While the Borg are attacting the Stardrive section, Data and Worf launch from Shuttlebay 1 in the saucer section. After they are safely away, Shelby starts the antimater barrage, which is pretty, but only designed to distract the Borg yet again from noticing the shuttle approaching from a different angle.

This would explain the Stardrive section being visible from the shuttle's window.... the shuttle passes it as it flys away from the saucer section.

Have I finally got this sequence right... ten years late?

------------------
The NCC registries are obviously NOT chronological. Get over it!

IP: Logged
Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got it.

------------------
USS Allegiance LCARS Database

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, I thought it was a shuttlebay from the Stardrive section. I mean, if Shelby was going to distract them with the Antimatter spread, it would be a safe time for Data and Worf to proceed with the next phase of the plan.

Did the shuttle launch before, or after the antimatter spread?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps