Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Admiral Leighton's office

Author Topic: Admiral Leighton's office
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell what type of class ships, Admiral Leighton had in his office in "Paradise Lost"?

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a pic: http://kcohn.simplenet.com/alidarjarok/deepspace9/paradiselost/PLost42.jpg

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a Galaxy, an Ambassador and an...Excelsior?

------------------
If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

-Tool, "Opiate"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excelsior II, to be exact.

------------------
"Ooh, you're lovely."
"No, you're lovely."
"Well, I think EVERYONE'S lovely!"
*girlish giggles*
"What about Frank?"

*silence*

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like it's just the Enterprise set.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, it's the Enterprise set before being painted metallic gold for the Enterprise-E Observation Lounge.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either he's a fan of the line of the Enterprise or those are ship he himself has commanded/been a part of?

Maybe that Excelsior II is the Lakota...

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when did he command a Galaxy Class starship? What was his last starship command?

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lakota model would fit the storyline perfectly. The other two ships are more difficult to explain. The only ship we know was commanded by Leyton was the Excelsior class Okinawa. He apparently promoted Sisko to Lt.Cmdr during his command of that ship, so the time period would be before 2367 and Wolf 359, but preferably sufficiently long after Sisko's graduation in 2350.

When we see Leyton, he's a three-pipper Vice Admiral. It must have taken him time to attain that rank, and he probably had to give up the command of starships when he made one-pip flag rank (Commodore?). So there isn't much time for other ships after the Okinawa. And it would be odd for Leyton to command a bigger ship like an Ambassador first, and then move to the smaller Okinawa. He could have been a lower-ranking officer aboard an Ambassador, of course - but Galaxies would only have entered service at the time Leyton was about to be promoted to flag rank, so it would not make sense for him to be a non-captain officer aboard a Galaxy at any point.

He *could* theoretically have been the captain of a Galaxy for a brief while before getting flag rank, if he advanced in flag ranks fairly rapidly (two steps in less than ten years). If we accept the TNG TM, the first three Galaxies were the Galaxy, the Yamato and the Enterprise, and the launch of the latter would be in 2363 already. We now the captain of the Yamato (and I doubt there were transfers or changes-of-command in the brief while the ship was in service), but Leyton *could* have commanded USS Galaxy.

Then again, Leyton is high up in the totem pole and probably moves entire fleets. He has all the right and reason to have starship models of all sorts in his office, even if he doesn't have a personal attachment to the specific ships...

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Maybe he helped with the Galaxy class project?

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he just likes the classes!

I mean, why does Starfleet Academy have 5 random starship models on poles in front of it?

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GUYS!!!

*LOL* - That's not an Ambassador - it's a refit Connie!!!

I remember this episode - it's before the Ertl kit came out. I'm assuming the one in FC was either a prototype from Ertl, or a scratchbuild like the big Sovereign was - not too hard to imagine, considering they were all one color & usually out-of-focus.

By the way - these ships all happen to be in the same scales as the Ertl kits from the 20th century - Does Leyton own originals??? *LOL*

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps