Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Let's create some SOVEREIGN's!!!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Let's create some SOVEREIGN's!!!!!
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise: Isn't it two minutes?

The Royal Sovereign class existed long before the Sovereign class, so let's just get rid of thatrumor that was broughty in here.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not canonically...

------------------
"I'll bite your legs off!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise isn't asking for canon, now is he?

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why should anyone care about stuff that's not canon?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why? I'll tell you why, Frank. It's because there can be a lot more stuff that's non-canon. If people want to make stuff up, and Enterprise would like to include fan-made Sovereign's, let him. He's not doing any harm, and it should be alright just as long as nothing's contradicted by the show.

BTW- Federation Shipmaster-The U.S.S. Bozeman II NCC-1941-A is a Roderick-class destroyer. It's the first one of the class. It used to be the U.S.S. Roderick, but it was renamed to commemorate the crew of the Bozeman. Also, the first Bozeman, NCC-1941, is permenantly docked at Starbase 12. Source-Star Trek: The Next Generation Ship of the Line

------------------
"It appears, Admiral, that we're going to be slightly delayed."
-Emperor Issisus

[This message was edited by Fabrux on April 02, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why make stuff up, though? If you want it to be relevant, come up with your own sci-fi continuity instead of mixing up what's already established.

------------------
Rodimus Prime: "Don't panic. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic."

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm not asking for cannon stuff. I was just curious as to what Sovereign's people have made up.

As I may or may not have mentioned, I'm writing/creating my own Star Trek series based on a Sovereign-class ship, aptly named Star Trek Sovereign. It takes place on the Sovereign (and I named the captain after myself). I was thinking of adding a guest appearence of other Sovereign's and was at a lost for a name.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was referring to the comment that the Royal Sovereign was around long before the Sovereign. Since that isn't canon, it isn't a good reason to say that the Sovereign class ship wasn't called Royal Sovereign. And, actually, even if it were canon, they could still use it, since the class is Sovereign, not Royal Sovereign.

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says it has to be relevent, Frank?

------------------
"It appears, Admiral, that we're going to be slightly delayed."
-Emperor Issisus

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

If it's not relevant, who would care about it?

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

HE ASKED FOR NON-CANON AS WELL AS CANON, PEOPLE!

How do we know the Roderick was a class of itself? I remember the Roderick was mentioned...

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

Where's it say the Roderick is it's own class and a destroyer?

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I shall welease Wodewick!"

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interstingly, like Enterprise I have been mulling over a ST:Sovereign. Basically I think we all want to sit in that brown chair and command such a smegging awesome ship as a sovereign.

On registries, you pick a number you fancy.
I personally chose NCC-75089 for the USS Sovereign, because I wanted to use the new class to kick the numbers into the 75000s since seen on Data's scout ship in Insurrection. Any number will do, since none are canon. I do insist that people try and find obcure private reasons for picking certain numbers though....

I am not a believer in the NCC-1305-E, etc stuff.
I prefer to think that only the Enterprise has been so honoured. It would explain why the endless Lexingtons and Potemkins have always had new numbers. It'd be a slight to a crew if their exploits or deaths weren't sufficiently glorious to merit a letter-suffix.

Oh, and I hate long names. Even USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is a mouthful, and tricky to rattle off in the midst of battle, or if you are talking about lots of ships engaged in a battle:

"Sir, the Grand-Emperor-Constantine-of-the-Eastern-Roman-Empire has been hit, and the Antony Worral-Tomkinson reports heavy flooding in the galley!"

It ain't practical!

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incidentally, in "Spectre" (that mirror universe novel by everybody's favorite author, Bill Shatner), the Sovereign is mentioned, as such.
No Reg. #, tho.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps