Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "new" starship-model from the st:movies

Author Topic: "new" starship-model from the st:movies
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "The art of star trek", they have pictures of three models of what eventually became the spacedock. On two of them is attached a small starshipmodel that the book describes as being the enterprise. Here is a pic of that model: http://hem.passagen.se/pinasov/starshipmodel.jpg
It is not the enterprise. It has one nacelle attached on top of the engineering section. Kind of neat actually. Have we possibly seen this somewhere, in one of the wreckage-scenes perhaps?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's meant to be the Enterprise. It's assumed that people would look at it from the side, and see that it has nacelles in the right position, but instead of bothering with the pylons, they just put a single nacelle on there.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, smart move. I just know too little how these guys reason. Still, they do have a model with this configuration, why not use it in one of the wreckage-scenes? I know I would....

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, the fact that it's no more than 2 inches long could have something to do with not putting it in Battle scenes.

It's just to show how big the starbase is, and was never filmed.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Yeah, the size-thing would be a problem, but hey, with all the special effects I�m sure it wouldn�t cause too many problems with adding it just a little later.

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it's even detailed at all, I think it was just a quick thing to show TPTB the size of the Starbase, nothing more.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does TPTB mean? The powers that be?

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. For more TPTB see Angel and Buffy.

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps