Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Scaling paradox in new calendar

Author Topic: Scaling paradox in new calendar
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743403630.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The very same drydock structure, but a much bigger ship. Nice image, though.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got any more scans from that calender? Pretty please

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, those drydocks look pretty modular to me. I could imagine a variety of sizes available that would look practically identical.

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anymore interesting pics from the calendar?

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Luzon, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have some type of ISBN number of that calendar?

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited May 23, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHHHHHHHH this must be the new calendar that Margaret Clark from S&S was mentioning to me when I quizzed her on the whys and whynots of new 'beauty' shots for upcoming releases... and how the Season 1 DS9 picture... is used over and over and OVER again - and that the only other 'beauty' shot of DS9 is from season 2 - with the runabout, DS9 and wormhole. She said that there was going to be another 'ds9' in the 2001 calendar...

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though the Galaxy in that dock is a scaling error, I believe Andrew Probert originally meant the drydock to be not only modular, but also extendable. That is, it would move in and out to accommodate ships of different sizes. It would be nice to see some of that in the dockyard scenes.

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the URL will stay in one piece:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743403630/qid=959157399/sr=1-13/002-2161882-7934605

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they're off to a good start! Is this THE Trekship-book to buy, or are there other upcoming projects? I want to buy one but I need to know it's the best choice.

------------------
I'm not an atheist, I'm a maybeist�

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't a book.

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps