Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Pics of the photographic Voyager model in ST: The Magazine (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pics of the photographic Voyager model in ST: The Magazine
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up the new issue of the magazine with Denise Crosby on the cover and saw that it had pictures of the Voyager photographic model. There is a behind the scenes article that identifies things on the ship we've never seen up close. For example, it has cargo/holodeck type doors behind the bridge, about the aft torp launchers, and next to the shuttlebay launch doors (An idea that was carried from the prototype model). The article also describes the functions on the hexagon type hatches on the underside of the hull near the cargo bay doors and the Aeroshuttle. It's for launching wookbees to repair the ship. As for the backup warp core, the article mentions that it is not a plug and play core, only replacement parts. And the Aeroshuttle was not finished by the time Voyager left DS9.

It's a neat article...

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Not finished??" What in the holy high name of Zarquon is THAT supposed to mean?? There's a half-completed thing sitting in that bay? They wasted the time to make the Delta Flyer & not complete the extant shuttle?

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Work Bees...so that's why Voyager's hull always looks so good.

Grrr Shik and posting before me

Remember, we've only seen the bottom of it. He entire interior or maybe even part of the top may not have been finished when Voyagre was requested for duty. So Utopia Planitia just said "eh, we'll finish it when you get back!"

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited July 12, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me guess. Tuesday right?

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible there is merely a plated-over hole in the hull where the Aerowing docks. Nothing in there to fix or complete.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. I even wrote to The Magazine in regards to Sternbach's excuse about the Aeroshuttle saying if they could build the Delta Flyer from scratch, plus always have a full stock of shuttles and torpedoes no matter how many are used and lost, surely they can build what they need to get the Aeroshuttle to work.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 31, 2000).]

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious...I always pretended that those hatches were for repair drones when I played with the model...

Strange.

------------------
What I'm looking for / Cannot be sold to me / I wish they all would stop trying / 'Cause what I want and what I need / Is and will always be free

- Incubus

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went back to my TNG Tech Manual, and may have a reason why the Aeroshuttle was never used or mentioned. On page 17, it mentions that there was a nonflight version of the Captain's Yacht that was used during the construction process of the ship. So Voyager may not have the operational version of the shuttle, if the ship did in fact leave Earth Station McKinley and Utopia Planitia Shipyards without all the equipment in place. I also remember what Chakotay said to Harry and Seven about Astrometrics, that it wasn't upgraded since they left Spacedock or something.

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Astrometrics was built by Kim and Seven to replace stellarcartography.

And since Sternbach says all the neccessary systems weren't installed I assume that the craft is there and not a 'nonflight' version.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 31, 2000).]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Aerowing was not finshed? Why everthing else in the ship is finished why not that? I agree that the Aerowing is probably not there and just a hollow spot. That would explain why Voyager never used one.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible that sence the Delta Flyer was distroyed by the borg in the 6th season finale that Voyager will use the Aerowing as a replacment?

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its all but certain that we won't ever see the Aerowing. Certainly not as a Delta Flyer replacement, as per season seven spoilers.

(speaking of which, could we watch the spoilers? Pity the poor Brits )
------------------
"When I was in prison I was wrapped up in all those deep books. That Tolstoy crap. People shouldn't read that stuff. When we read these books what purpose does it serve in this day and time?"
-Mike Tyson

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited July 29, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Australians...

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Hobbes
Member # 138

I agree. Voyager will probably go back to losing a shuttle a day, or build a new DF-like craft.

::Laughs at Europeans and Aussies who have to wait for Trek. Runs away to avoid lynching::

------------------
Thornbird: "I'm Major Robert Thornbird. And you are?"
O'Neill: "Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most likely the new DF will look exactly like the old DF. Same interior sets and same exterior design. I mean why make a new set or modify the existing one and why design a new DF when you can use the blueprints of the old one already in your computer?

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps