Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Possible Explantion for Old Classes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Possible Explantion for Old Classes
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you watch Transformers: The Movie?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i did. I still got it on video somewhere.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I didn't, in fact I haven't seen a single Transformer movie or series. Does Gundam Wing count?

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no it doesn't... *L*

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a copy of the Transformer Movie. Reading this thread inspired me to watch it again - I hadn't watched it for absolutely ages. It's spinny how Leonard Nimoy did the voice for Galvatron. I really loved Transformers when I was young - I first saw the movie back when it played in the cinemas in '86.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slang clarification, please, RE: "spinny".

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Spinny" is not easy to define. I suppose, if I had to place it, I would say it's pretty similar to "intriguing". Anyway, Nimoy's voice was definitely a good choice for the character.

Back to the original topic: I have absolutely no problem with Miranda and Excelsiors still being used. They're both practical designs and it's likely, with current Trek technology refits, that newer Mirandas/Excelsiors are far more advanced than the USS Reliant/Ent-B could ever dream of.

Even so, I'm convinced that they don't build any more brand knew Excels or Marans - they're just keeping the existing leftovers in good running condition. Hence the Excelsior in drydock in "Relativity" - it was getting refit, not built.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps