Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wells Class Timeship picture query

Author Topic: Wells Class Timeship picture query
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mfwan/relativity.jpg

Is this a fairdinkum picture of the relativity? If so are those rainbowy things part of the ship??

Andrew

PS I found this picture at the Ships of the Fleet homepage if you were wondering...
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mfwan/index1a.htm

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship itself seems to have no noticeable errors. I'm not sure about the "rainbowy things", I'll first have to check "Relativity" [VOY]. But I think that the Relativity on-screen indeed looked a bit purple.

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Relativity has an oil-like hull, which changes color depending on from which way you are looking. The ship changed colors from purple and a weird greenish in one of the fly-by's.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The picture you are linking to has been altered. The Relativity has no vissible buzzard collectors, unlike the blue things seen here. And the hull was far less oil-like than the picture shows. The middle 'dome' is also incorrect.

Although (partially?) a drawing, the colors are correct HERE

Note the more greenish color on the front and the more purplish color on the back end. These change depending on how you look, as said in my previous post.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't think the dome is incorrect. It just glows for some reason, maybe reflecting a star.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless a ship routinely travels through a very large aviary, a buzzard collector may not be of much use.

------------------
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Pull your body for a moment from your soul.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you believe Peter David's books, you *could* consider the Great Bird of the Galaxy a buzzard of sorts. And collecting those would indeed give you a nice power reserve.

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps