Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Alex Jaeger ships

Author Topic: Alex Jaeger ships
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering, in the latest - well in Australia - UK "Star Trek" magazine, there is a comment by Larry Nemecek in the "questions" section about the Thunderchild I think, anyway he mentions that Okuda numbers his ships in Chronological order... Hang on did Okuda name and number the FC ships or did Jaeger just go at it willy nilly?

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Andrew, we're here simultaneously! I replied to your "Relativity" topic, and when I returned to the topic list, there was a new topic!
Anyway, to my knowledge Okuda is responsible for naming and numbering ships, at least when they not appear in the script. But I can be wrong... in that case, shoot me.

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Hi Alpha!

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulled from RAST & stuck into my J-Project FAQs for vindication:

The funny thing is that someone else seems to have given my theory credibility by default while looking for the hull number of the pathfinder USS Intrepid when they contacted Rick Sternbach, who said that:

Well, the Intrepid reg number will probably -stay- the topic of intense discussion, since us lowly grunts aren't allowed to finalize them without the blessings of the producers. They like to control those sorts of things. I can ask when we get back to work the first or second week of June, and maybe Mr. Berman will let me post a number. As far as the 74600 (the 00 being the prototype/pathfinder vessel), I think I did come up with that one, but lately the internal yak in the art department is that Starfleet hands out numbers on a first come/first served basis, so a runabout might get 75284, followed by a Galaxy class ship at 75285, followed by an Intrepid class ship at 75286, followed by another runabout at 75287, et cetera.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That explanation allows for both chronologically assigned registries and "contract block" assignment.

"Hey, Federation Assigned Numbers and Names Authority (FANNA?) - I got twenty Excelsior hulls fasttracked for exploration. Yeah, yeah, I swear, they'll all be commissioned at once. Huh? Oh, yeah, the full order is for two hundred ships over the next five years. Oh really? Sure, well, if it saves you paperwork I'll take an assigned block now. Just don't come after me if the schedule slips!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps