Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » T'Vran??

Author Topic: T'Vran??
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always heard of this ship as being the Vulcan vessel in an early DS9 ep. However, I can't seem to find if it is canon or not. Various ship lists sometimes list it, but others do not. So, i guess my question is, was this name mentioned on screen? or is it figment of someone's imagination?

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship was mentioned in DS9 "Vortex".
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i'm guessing this would be the SS T'vran. hmm, seems odd that its not the Star Trek: Expanded list...

------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That list is horribly out of date even though it seems to be updated every month or so. I don't think the maintainer adds new entries anymore or even modifies any existing ones. He probably changes that modified date and uploads the same previous copy otherwise. And if he does make some changes, they're probably spelling or link corrections.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

I think it just skipped this one, since it really isn't that out of date (up to Unimatrix O), it just has some quirks, like including some weirder source material (AKA Pathways and Mosaic).

------------------

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can remember regularly sending updates to Creighton for his Ships:Expanded list. At first, he was happy to receive them, and updated his list accordingly. But the last times, I got zero response, even though it were massive contributions. He didn't even updated the list.

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The T'van is in the Star Trek Ships: Expanded list. It's on the page: http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~djc/startrek/expand/yothers1.html

Vulcan ships are listed as Others not as UFP:Starfleet. Which makes perfect sense to me.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Alpha Centauri
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does make sense indeed, but civilian ships (with 'S.S.' prefixes) are non-Starfleet too, while they are still omitted in the Starfleet list.

------------------
"And as we all know, a mesolytic quantumvector resonator is commonly
used to polarize isogravitic plasma-flux manifolds."

Starfleet Academy's Redshirt Guide to the Starfleet, 62nd edition,

[This message has been edited by Alpha Centauri (edited August 22, 2000).]

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you give examples of ships that are missing? Those ships I could think of (the Xhosa, Santa Maria, Mariposa, Vico, etc.) are all listed.

The only thing that seems uncertain is why some are in the Others list and why some are in the Starfleet list.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Creighton is, like most of us, a busy guy. I know he tries to respond to all of the email about the lists he gets (and he CC's me on some questions, since I technically am co-author of the Expanded list, though he does 99% of the work). If he missed responding to you, please don't ascribe to malice what can be better explained by being overworked.

Joshua

Alpha Centauri
Member # 338

If I sounded a bit harsh, that was not my intention. You and Joe do a pretty good job with the Expanded list.

------------------
"And as we all know, a mesolytic quantumvector resonator is commonly
used to polarize isogravitic plasma-flux manifolds."

Starfleet Academy's Redshirt Guide to the Starfleet, 62nd edition,

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps