Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Transporter room; ne1 have LCARS textures?

Author Topic: Transporter room; ne1 have LCARS textures?
seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I need to credit Resistance at the Scifi-Art Forums for the inspiration to do this scene. His transporter room is really quite remarkable.

This version is a post-movie, pre-TNG era transporter room. The transporter pads themselve are actually backlit, just like the real thing, using an object painted with the translucent plastic reflectance shader, with the lights actually inside the object, plus another object on top painted with standard Caligari Reflectance (has raytracing stuff missing from the phong reflectance shader) for the shiny reflecting surface. With this method, I am able to sit objects on the pad and actually have them be lit correctly from below. All details are modeled with the exception of the bomp maps on the floor and on the side walls of the transporter chamber itself. The lighting is intentionaly dim, so you may want to adjust your monitor brightness if they appear too dark on your monitor (they're fine on mine, but you never know).

This is still a work in progress and comments/suggestions are welcome as always.

If anyone has TNG era textures for the control console and the wall panel behind it, I'd appreciate it greatly if you could send them to [email protected] . I plan on changing the color scheme, but need the TNG textures to use as a base and don't have access to them here, so if anyone has a good clean scan of the TNG panels, I'd be forever indebted to you if you sent them to me.

------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]

WEBolutionary Consulting Services
Mania-Online

"Great is the glory for the strife is hard"
- Wordsworth

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
- Dr Evil

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, but wrong forum for this thread. It needs to be moved over to the Designs and Creativity forum. So will one of the mods move it there?

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'd like to have a hard one, though..." - Fabrux

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps