Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise E decks

Author Topic: Enterprise E decks
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one where I don't know whether it's been asked before or not:

In First Contact, a security team member tells Worf that the Borg have taken the Decks 28! to 11. At least the German translation has it this way. Just moments later Lilly asks Picard about the size of the ship. He tells her it has 24 decks.

Unfortunately I haven't got the DVD to check the original dialogue.

How can that be possible? Seems rather like a Red Dwarf continuity glitch - remember Lister's appendix?

------------------
RIMMER [as Ace]: "Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they screwed up. This has been known and discussed, probably since the day FC debuted... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Worf said that the Borg have assimilated Decks 26 up to 11 and later Picard told Lily Sloane that the E-E had 24 decks. At least, that's what said in my DVD and VHS copies. The same goes for the novalization I have.

------------------
"I now stand ready to offer you my life, my skills, and my knowledge. I ask you only one thing in return. My wife will have fled by now. Help me find her, save her, and the finest weapon the Empire ever created will be yours to command."
- Colonel Baron Soontir Fel, 'The Making of Baron Fel'

[This message has been edited by Soontir_Fel (edited September 09, 2000).]

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to be nitpicky... it was Lt. Daniels - the security officer who said deck 26

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he meant section instead of decks...

------------------
"Human race in tha house!" KoRn & Kittie, This Town
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. He meant that the writers put this number in my script before they had nailed down the number of decks that the Sovereign had. I think they finally settled on 24, though.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps