Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Registries and Stardates (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Registries and Stardates
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the name of the Sao Paulo was changed. Technically. However, the model wasn't altered for the final scenes, so an eagle-eyed viewer would be able to catch the Defiant's registry where it shouldn't be.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eagle-eyed?! You'd have to be legally blind not to see that! *L*

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: I didn't design the thing, lol. I suppose it is broken. heh.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz: I�m sorry, but what do you mean by
"Does anyone have a pic of the Constitution-computer screen, NCC-8000-model and Jenolan-computer screen?"

Was this shown onscreen?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz is referring to the list I provided.
A refitted Constitution Class starship is seen from above in "Datalore". The registry of the ship is readable. There is no name on the hull.

In "The Drumhead", an Oberth Class starship is seen from the port. This ship has I believe the registry NCC-8000. TNG: Companion and Star Trek.Com identify ship as the USS Cochrane.

Later in TNG, an okudagram in "Relics" reads: "USS Jenolan. Sydney Class Transport. NCC-2010".

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if backstage pictures count, then the ones on the Jenolan (see the IDIC Page ) show a barely readable NCC-2010 on the nacelle. You have to know the registry in advance to be able to interpret the scribbling, though.

Then again, these pics also confirm that the ship was named the Jenolin...

Timo Saloniemi

[This message has been edited by Timo (edited September 19, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Timo (edited September 19, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmm, what was the Registry of the Tsiolkovsky SP? From "The Naked Now" wouldn't that have been the first 5 digit number?

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: I've been here all the time - I've just been hiding in the shadows. I visit this forum almost every day, but these days I only bother to post when something particularly sparks my interest. It would seem that, rather than contributing directly, I've attained a sad fetish for passive observation .

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, forums wouldn't be what they are without the silent observers, floating out there, waiting...

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new Voyager promo states a date of 540xx (can't remember the last two numbers at the moment).

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Commander Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that sounds fresh. Thanks! I'll check the dotcom.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: Indeed, the first 5 digit registry seen was that of the Tsiolkovsky, but the lowest is the Hermes.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited September 19, 2000).]

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registry of the USS Tsiolkovsky is not visible to the average viewer of the episode. I included only those registries that could be read on the screen. So the question could be answered in one of two ways-
a. by episodes. This would be the USS Yamato NCC-71807.
b. by reference materials. This would be the USS Tsiolkovsy NCC-53911.

I may have inadvertently left out a registry on my list. In "Sins of the Father", the registry of the USS Intrepid is given on an okudagram as NCC-38907.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps