Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Defiant Length

Author Topic: Defiant Length
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought that'd get your attention.

Frank sent me a copy of the original Deffie War thread, and I just wanted to say something: you are all very silly people!

That is all...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*runs like all bloody hell from this thread, never to return*

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know that there was an "original" thread. I thought this was a discussion that existed in one form or another over a long period of time. But, actually, I think I remember the thread you're talking about... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also read this thread at TBG. Very anal, I must say.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Chest starts to constrict. Breathing coming in short ragged gasps*

Am I the only one who remembers beating this to death on the original UP forum? That was in 1997. Please, let this one die.

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no. I have no intention of debating it here again. My personal debate with Tim on it is quite enough, thank you. I'm just saying how silly the whole debate is. Which means that now that I'm arguing Tim about it, I'm pretty darned silly, too...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"And I shall now propose that the Defiant is a physical and tangible object, is it not?"

"It most certainly is."

"And since the Defiant is a physical and tangible object, then tell me, shan't it most certainly have a size?"

"That is only natural."

"That is how we prove that the Defiant has a size. And here is how we shall determine that measure. Let us, my dear Glaucon stick this end of the rope right here...and walk with it all the way over to that nose over there".

"Yes, let us."

They stop at the end of the ship.

"And so, Glaucon, we seem to be 7/8ths through with our rope. And tell me, what shall now be the proper size?"

"I have no idea."

"You have a mind, don't you? If the rope is a quarter of a Zeuslength in size, then the Defiant shalt most naturally be seven times the thirty-second part of a Zeuslength?"

"Forgive me for asking, but how long is a Zeuslength?..."

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited September 27, 2000).]

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wipes tear*

Boris, that was worthy of Douglas Adams....

-Lance http://thetrekker.homestead.com

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been needing a new signature... :-)

------------------
"If the rope is a quarter of a Zeuslength in size, then the Defiant shalt most naturally be seven times the thirty-second part of a Zeuslength?"
-Boris Skrbic, 27-Sep-2000

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps