Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Five digit stardates in the 2200's

Author Topic: Five digit stardates in the 2200's
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The original idea as given by the TPTB is that stardates with five digits are indicative of the 24th century.
There is evidence from two episodes which contradict this belief.
The first is the episode "The Child". An okudagram from the episode says that the blood plasma plaque of 2296 on Obi VI occured on stardate 38325.30.
The second is the episode "Unimatrix Zero, Part Two" where Tuvox gives his birthdate as 38774. The vulcan's year of birth is 2264.

I have no explanation for why there existed five digit stardates in the 23rd century.
Chalk this up to the mysteries of stardates. (sigh)

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the stardates were given in local units, i.e. 38774 is a Vulcan stardate?

Timo Saloniemi

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. The whole purpose of stardates would at least SEEM to be to eliminate the dependence on local times.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...blood plasma plaque..."

Them plasmas should use Crest. It works best.

"...where Tuvox gives his ..."

Oh great. I haven't seen UM0 II, but if this is another shit scheme like that 'Tuvix' incident, I'm going nutty. Who plays Tuvox?

------------------
"...you know, Omega, there's a phrase you might want to look up. It goes something like "paranoid arrogant fuckwit who has more chance of ejaculating to the moon than he has of ever convincing a girl that he's a viable prospect for marriage." -PsyLiam, September 16, 2000 10:23 PM.

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, according to the stardates, the Blood Plasma Plague occurred after the Raven's mission to study the Borg.
Want more confusion? Annika Hansen was born on Stardate 25479. So she is older than Tuvok.

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps