Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Voyager Episode - Tac Fighter?

Author Topic: Voyager Episode - Tac Fighter?
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship Harry saved seemed to be identical to the tac fighter mesh, but a diffrent texture. How cheap...

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen the screencaps over at the other thread (in the General group). Did the fighter still have the "horizontal stabilizer" joining the impulse engine booms? It seemed to be missing in the (blurry) screencaps. It's awfully cheap of them to reuse so much of the craft, though. I thought they were already past this when they moved over to CGI. It shouldn't have been too difficult to flip the wings from anhedral to dihedral, or to swap the cockpit windows, or at least paint the thing a wholly different color (something dark, with red or yellow warp engine glow).

Timo Saloniemi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship was green, and it had orange-ish engine glow. Also, the ship was much bigger than the tac fighter. You could see individual rows of windows on it. I guess they spent all the money making the other ships in the episode, of which there were a couple different types, IIRC.

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 23, 2000).]

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their enemys ship doesn't it look like a D'kora with add ons to the front.

Loved how they reused props

helm was an old tac station on a runabount
I guess they reused the defiant bridge

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, we didn't get any spoiler warnings.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning Will Robinson, warning. This thread contains spoilers. Warning, Will.....

Only for those people that have a proper channel to watch Voyager. The UPN out of Detroit suxs, they even cancel the postponed re-airings of Voyager.
Postponed from Wednesday night for hockey, screw hockey town, and the cancelled on Saturday night for Little House on the Praire... or some such drivel....

Ok, I am done venting on the injustices of television.

------------------
**...****...**

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Describing a starship is hardly a spoiler.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but "The ship that Harry saved..." is a minor spoiler.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but posting that the Defiant got destroyed was.

I'm still bitter about that. I'll have my revenge.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen the Annari warships before, I just cannot remember which episode(s) it was.

------------------
"Ah, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of the History Channel."
-Homer Simpson

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get a chance to see the episode until Sunday night. All I had known about it was that Harry tries his hand at being a Captain. Since being a Captain is something I think is a worthwhile goal, I was interested in finding out about the episode as I watched it.

I noticed that the Nightengale was a re-dress of the Maqui ships.

Ritten: Our local UPN affiliate (at least for another month) is KJZZ which is owned by the Utah Jazz. Guess what show get's pre-empted quite a bit. Then on top of that you have University of Utah athletics as well. I'm a sports fan but not at the cost of constant interuption.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: The Defiant got destroyed?!?
Was that aimed at me?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps