Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Class name of Hirogen ship

Author Topic: Class name of Hirogen ship
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any body got the class name of the ship on the 2 hour ep. 'the sf hologram said it on air
and does any body got the pics of that ship

'its not the one with the holograms on board

------------------
"I don't have time to play on the internet, I do have a life."
-Brown_supahero 2000

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will get it when I rewatch it later. The class name caught me by surprise and I didn't write it down. It was nice to see the new design. For lack of a better term, I call it the Hirogen battleship. I also need screengrabs of it and the hologram's ship

------------------
"Ah, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of the History Channel."
-Homer Simpson

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call time until someone explains to me what the heck you're talking about.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Voyager 2-hour episode "Flesh and Blood", several new ships appeared, including a LARGE Hirogen ship that was identified by Class name, but none of us bothered to take note of what name was given (as we all assumed someone else would, I'm guessing).

------------------
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The smaller holorgam ship was also a remake of the smaller less powerful alternate ship that was in Year of Hell. I forgot the name of the speices. But it looked a little like that one. Or then again I could be seeing things. I'll tape it tonight and see it in slow motion.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah! Noted and, uh, registered.

Anyway, this should probably have a few spoiler warnings here and there, depending on how the conversation goes.

I don't think the holo-crewed ship was a reuse of the Krenim "sucky-timeline" vessel. I seem to remember that ship having a couple of, uh, doodads coming off the sides, and a different profile. Or so says my aging and ill-kept memory.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he meant one of the exotic ships FIGHTING the krenims.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Large Hirogen ship chasing the holograms into the nebula is designated

Venatic Class

by the sf hologram

------------------
"I don't have time to play on the internet, I do have a life."
-Brown_supahero 2000

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fanatic class?

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Venatic class. And the ship controlled by the Holograms is one we have not seen before. It does look familiar to the Krenim ship from the weak timeline but it is a new design. It is neither the Mawasi or Nihydron ships from Year of Hell. They look radically different. See Bernd's site for pictures of them. The Nuu'Bari ship was the stock wedge-shaped freighter from TNG (or maybe the Jovis, hard to tell)

------------------
"Ah, the Luftwaffe. The Washington Generals of the History Channel."
-Homer Simpson

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps