Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » You've Got to see this...

Author Topic: You've Got to see this...
Wee Bairns
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fans of the original series have simply got o check this out! A fan film set in the TOS era has been released called Starship Exeter.
I'm sure some of you will be familiar with this fan film, and now it's finally done. I have been waiting for it to be released for several months now and finally it's out.
Fans of Franz Joesph should take heed--several explicit refrences to his work are shown...
Check it our here...

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/temp/Website/index2.html

Regards
Wb

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've seen it ... and promptly bashed and made fun of it. Hmm. Anyone did up that thread?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh. They've actually finished it now.

Props and sets are nice. Actors are somewhat less impressive [Wink] . And why does the Andorian talk so weird?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Andorian ambassador in "Journey to Babel" (TOS) had a weird accent. I think that they were trying to recreate that.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*makes mental note to check this out when he goes back to uni, as huge MOV files and dialup don't get along...* [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn server won't connect. [Frown]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
We've seen it ... and promptly bashed and made fun of it. Hmm. Anyone did up that thread?

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000809;p=1

I just watched the whole thing. They get an A for effort, a D for acting (especially the Captain), and an F for the script, which was just a bunch of fight scenes, empty posturing, and zero characterization. And how can you do a 60s style Trek and have a Captain who fights like Kirk but doesn't even eyeball one bodacious alien chick in gogo boots?!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps