Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » SMR Shuttle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SMR Shuttle
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Type 10B Shuttle

------------------
I was right in the middle of a gnikcuf reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddam things."
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! :-)

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.pyros.org

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!! Looks like some design elements from the Banzai were carried over to this shuttle...

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work, Paul! You have managed to create a shuttle that recalls neither a minivan nor publuc transportation. At last! A shuttle that doesn't look like a box!

------------------
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't that just a little big for a shuttle? or are you going on the size of the insurrection shuttle that was really huge.

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally, totally awesome!

------------------
Don't piss me off -- I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work, Cargile. I like how you used elements of the scoutship, and put your own touch on the rest. It's also interesting to see that you've already started using the monopole reactor in SMR vehicles. I'd like to see more about that, if possible.

------------------
"I see you have the ring. And that your Schwartz is as big as mine!
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Black Knight, It was meant to be smaller, but Joe complained about having to crawl on his hands and knees to get to the cabin, so I made it a larger, more long range shuttle, with the look of a Countach.

Sorry Baloo, but the other smaller shuttles will look like Caravans.

On the monopole Warped1701, me and Baloo have not worked on it beyond my conception stage--that was posted earlier. It is based on a theortical entity.

------------------
I was right in the middle of a gnikcuf reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddam things."

[This message has been edited by Cargile (edited July 06, 1999).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shuttle that doesn't look like a shuttle, and yet it has the interior arrangement of a mini-runabout.

I love it!!!!!!!

What kind of armaments does it have?

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

Actually the interior needs to be redone as it is too small for Joe. Joe's butt can barely fit on the dining room chairs and his kness chaff the control station as he haunches over it. However it is perfect for Joe's little sister Beth.

Armaments? Why? It can be armed but is normally unless the shuttle is going to be used near the Bad Guys.

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Cargile, the shuttle looks like it has teeth. I just thought that when I saw it. Having weapons on it isn't a bad idea anyway since the newer shuttles I've seen such as in Voyager and in Insurrection have some weapons.

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, all spacecraft should carry small phasers. It makes sense if you thinking about the possible uses on a non combat situation.

You did a terrific job, Cargile. Once again, ladies and gentlemen - this is the result of real world uses when applied to a fantasy spacecraft. Normal shuttles, and starships, look as thought they're fake, but your shuttles and fighters are similar to the real thing today.

The interior looks like the inside of a small keel boat, like it would be meant for short-to-medium passages between ships, planets, and space stations.

BTW, Joe is too tall for a 24th century man.

------------------
' *Bludgeons Antag* '
Frank G, seriously injuring one of the Forums most valued members.

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

Are you from the 24th century?

Its known in some circles--especially among the automotive designers--that humans are getting bigger. Two meter plus humans isn't a stretch of the imagination.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, humans in Star Trek seem to be the size of 20th-century actors.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps