Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre TOS Ship (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pre TOS Ship
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made an Pre TOS Ship, thats based on the Daedalus class starship.
The ship can detach the spherical section from the engineering section in an case of emergency.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/MrBrown5/Grafik1r14.jpg

Lobo

[ January 25, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't look much like a Daedalus, but that's not a bad thing.

I wonder about the decks. Are they horizontal? On the side view the panel lines and windows are like the seams on a football (American football). The lines would suggest that decks all slant towards the longitudinal axis of the ship.

Other than that, it looks good.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job.

I really like the design lines. I especially dig the seperation of the habitat module with the engineering hull.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting design with some very nice detailing, well done!
Two niggles though, as Masao pointed out the window allignments are a little funky and you only need ONE scale bar, not four. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool looking design. I really like the originality to it all on a basic design format. Would a pre-TOS ship have a NCC registry or would it be a NX, NW, NQ, NY, and etc?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are confusing Pre-TOS with Pre-Federation.

Very nice btw, Lobo. The nacelles are reminiscent of the Baton Rouge are they not?

And the 'sphercer' is reminiscent of both sphere and saucer. [Smile]

What program do you use?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One little thing...

I don't see any impulse engines.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Masao!

I've fixed the window proplem and added impulse engines.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/MrBrown5/Grafik1r14.jpg

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a small box with a red X inside. [Mad]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Lobo
Member # 669

quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
It looks like a small box with a red X inside. [Mad]

Try this:
http://www.schulseiten.de/lobotome/Grafik1r14.jpg

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better.
There are however a few things I forgot to mention earlier regarding the markings; for one the registry on the nacelles is a bit too big, I'd consider reducing it by about 50% and if you want this to look contemporary with the Daedalus then you might want to have "United Federation" under the reg in a much smaller type. See here for examples
Also the ships seams to be missing it's name, which should at least be visible on the primary hull if nowhere else.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really love the design, Lobo, but I think that you need to change the scale a bit. After crunching the numbers, I got a figure of 320 meters long... that seems pretty big for a pre-TOS ship IMO, not to mention that that's not supported by the relatively small number of decks indicated by the windows. (Even if you assume that it's every other deck or something.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I said Baton Rouge I meant Bonaventure.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed something else funny. The intersection of the secondary hull to the grey end cap is strange. From both the top and side views the intersection should be a straight vertical line. The concave line you have is the appearance of a cross section.
Lobo
Member # 669

Update:
http://www.schulseiten.de/lobotome/Grafik1r14s1.jpg

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps