Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » De Ruyter Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: De Ruyter Class
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, is this organization separate from the American Cometary Institute that apparently was mentioned in "The Cage"? [Confused]

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: scale bar. It was originally supposed to be a 100 m. bar, but that turned out to be a little too big. Hence the four segments. And there's no lowercase m in Fleet Old School.

You're right, a line between the secondary hull and the saucer wouldn't hurt. And I just needed some shapes to fill that flat surface.

Cometary!? [Confused]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, that's how I keep hearing it after having first seen it translated that way in the subtitles... Then again, my copy of "The Cage" isn't exactly DVD quality.

Timo Saloniemi

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know my logo is geographically challenged. I've just ripped that pic from one of the 'letters' in the Webdings font.

See?

Update

I've added and changed some small things. Masao, I already tried a Constitution like installation for the deflector dish, but it didn't quite work. I think I'll leave it at this.

[ January 31, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its an TOS akira class [Big Grin]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it would be a good planetary surveyor or colony ship with that huge honkin shuttle bay.
How long is she?
I could probably build one without too much difficulty.....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The display in TNG Q-pid says "Continent".
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
its an TOS akira class [Big Grin]

No. Go away. [Wink]

I wouldn't want to use this as a colony ship. It's really quite small. I don't know the exact size out of my head, but it's certainly shorter than the Constitution. Planetary surveyor sounds better, I think that's what the ACI ship can do.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity, I measured your first version, Harry. It's 185 meters. [Smile] (I wanted to compare it alongside the Constitution.)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Also, is this organization separate from the American Cometary Institute that apparently was mentioned in "The Cage"? [Confused]

Er...no.

This question came up before. I checked my copy of the episode. Haskins said "American Continent Institute."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That flattened half circle you've used to indicate the fantail undercut beneath the main deflector on the front view seems strange. The deflector housing is quite narrow at that point but the half circle is quite wide. I'm thinking it should be more oval. You need to use some temporary hull contour lines to get the width right.

The back fantail also seems a bit bright.

The intersection between the secondary hull and the bridge seems to have a lip, since you have a white highlight at the right edge. Move the grey all the way to the right.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

a Shape of forward undercut
a Shading of aft undercut
a Shading of secondary hull

Is this about right?

A little extra: Comparison with the Connie.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Some more extras. I'm having a bit of fun with TOS displays.

Pressure compartments display as seen in the TOS Sketchbook.

Old TOS display. A really old WNMHGB-era display. Just for fun [Smile]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure that the front undercut should be flat on the top.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps