Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Aban... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Aban...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban... any more on that lovely picture you were doing!?!

Is it finished yet?

Maybe next you could do a picture looking out of a window of DS9's docking ring back towards the central core?

Or would this be something more for Mojo to do!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a pretty recent update in the thread that noone replied to [Smile]

I have, literally, like 1 hour's work left to do on it... but I got a freelance gig this week that's sucking all my time.

Plus Jury Duty. Ack.

But yes... it's almost done. Me am happy. I'll post it when it's finished.

In the mean time... here's the latest:
 -

I still need to add highlights.

[ February 13, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is SWEET!

Just one thing - the rim of the saucer that goes behind the 'bridge picture' that whole part looks sorta washed out or not defined enough or something?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... it is. I let it fade to just line work so that it wouldn't get to complex around the area where the bridge overlaps it. It makes a little more sense when you can see the back of the ship and the nacelles. The color fades out back there too. However... maybe it could use a tad more color. I'll look at it before I put the highlights on.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With those escape pods being so sparse, it has to be a quite small ship, right?
Or are the majority of them located over the ventral area of the saucer?

Is there a page about the ship? Couldn't find it on your homepage.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I odn't have anything on my site about it yet. Except maybe in the WIP section.

I'm thinking it is a fairly small ship. I based the relatively small size on the size of the windows from the game mesh. I also didn't add any pods to what was on the mesh. I don't think there are any on the underside of the saucer.

What have we got? Four on the nose. Four on the sides. Two behind the bridge.

That's 10. Say they hold 4 people each. That's 40 crew. I'd say there would definitely need to be somewhere else.

I think there may have also been some on the underside of the engineering hull, though you can't see them in the drawing. I'll have to go back and look at my screenshots to be sure though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see she's named the 'Weber'. David Weber?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the ship is probably from a dimension that's big on musical theater.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Olivia Weber, a friend of mine. The shuttle at the top of the picture is the "Carney", her maiden name [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

Not on that picture.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

For the bridge and the 'area' where the space-lock is below it on the side - is that ALL deck 1? I can't see the heigh of a human fitting in the dome structure and also standing next to those big windows at the front there.

What is the big empty white circle near the resgistry?

The hull is awesome - it looks metallic - especially the part 'closest' (yes it's a 2d pic - you know what I mean) to us! [Smile]

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, i'd love to ink out in vectors in illustrator.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK... decks.... The bridge dome is deck one, the flat area with the air lock is deck two, the next tier down with the rectangular windows is deck three, then the saucer is divvied up into four decks after that. I figure the big windows on the saucer are very large... perhaps the senior officer's quarters. The smaller port hole windows directly below are on the deck below and are probably junior officer's quarters.

Keep in mind a couple of things... this is far from perfect. I used the screen caps from the game as a base then added little features to make it a bit more detailed and realistic. The airlock is not on the original mesh, nor are the transporter emitters, the second row of saucer windows, the photon launchers and secondary deflector in the nose.... etc. Yah... the airlock is probably too small... err... actually, the windows are probably too big.

The white circle around the escape pod is a call-out feature... you can't really see it in the pic, but just to the left of the saucer is a schmatic of the escape pod shown from the top and the side. The circle is there to clear the detail and give attention to the escape pod which is detailed next door [Smile]

Here you go:
 -

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
With those escape pods being so sparse, it has to be a quite small ship, right?
Or are the majority of them located over the ventral area of the saucer?

There are 18 on the Armada model, which is probably enough, it's quite a small ship really.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Nim
Member # 205

Smaller than the Nova Class? Or Oberth?

I have a respect for light cruisers, actually. Not least from reading Honor Harrington.

In some cases you can't win by sending in battlecruisers and dreadnoughts, so you take something like this to sneak and spurt.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps