Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bridge floor plan - USS Hathaway

Author Topic: Bridge floor plan - USS Hathaway
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was working on several bridge plans for our Polish page and I think I have almost all of them covered.
Except two: Hathaway and Brittain.
Now, while Brittain is very weird design, Hathaway looked more simpler, so I drew it first.

So, here it is:
http://www.boomspeed.com/kazeite/Hathaway.gif

As you no doubt suspect I would like you to tell me if I got it right. [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks about right... Although I don't remember that forward left station... Then again, I haven't seen "Peak Performance" in a while...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheee! That looks pretty good. I don't have the episode on me anymore, but offhand I can note a nitpick or two:

-station 3 should be flipped and angled with repect to the bridge, no? It's otherwise possible that there could be a mirroring station on the starboard side of the bridge.
-You're missing the structural support beams along the upper bridge. However, these may not be in the original install.
-stations 5 and 7 probably weren't at a parallel angle ot the wall. I remember them facing the screen more.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That forward station (yes, it should be flipped [Smile] ) is visible at the beginning of the bridge scene, and since we never see left (or forward) part of the bridge it's difficult to say if there's mirroring station on the other side.
And I don't see any use for that extra station.
2 is first officer station
5 - engineering (labeled in those big letters)
7 - tactical.
6 - "...rations" as visible on screen, so it's safe to assume it its ops console.
So that leaves only helm functions for 3 and no other function for mirror station. [Big Grin]

And I don't think those emergency support beams are part of the original design. In fact, they are labelled
"EMERGENCY USS ONI"

I'll be damn... I found myself a new 'lost' StarFleet ship! [Big Grin]

Oh, and I'm gonna to reverse acces corridors - there's some shot of Riker near the end of episode that also show one of the corridor, and it doesn't seem to lead forward.

About stations 5 and 6, I think this is their actual position. Whole bridge is most obviously a redress of Stargazer bridge, and this is more or less exact position of those stations on that bridge.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I don't think those emergency support beams are part of the original design. In fact, they are labelled
"EMERGENCY USS ONI"

"EMERGENCY USE ONLY"

The bridge is not a redress of the Stargazer brigde, at least as a whole. The aft portion of the set was seen several times in the second season, including "Pen Pals" as a laboratory and "Measure of a Man" as the hearing room. parts of the floor *may* have been recycled from the Stargazer set, which itself was the first E-D battle bridge and TOS Enterprise set for the first four movies. The walls are/were rumoured to have originated as parts of the Klingon BOP engine room. The set itself is later used in a multitude of guest sets, including the E-C bridge, the second battle bridge, abd a variety of generic console walls.

Mark

[ February 20, 2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, was the Brattain one of the sets recycled from the ST6 kitchen, as the Sutherland was?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kazeite
Member # 970

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
"EMERCENCY USE ONLY"

OK, I'm blind [Cool]

quote:

The bridge is not a redress of the Stargazer brigde, at least as a whole.

But those consoles with those big letters looked familiar [Smile]

quote:

The aft portion of the set was seen several times in the second season, including "Pen Pals" as a laboratory and "Measure of a Man" as the hearing room.

Hm, I remeber seeing refit Enterprise-like screen in that episode...

quote:

The set itself is later used in a multitude of guest sets, including the E-C bridge, the second battle bridge, abd a variety of generic console walls.

I remeber seeing that characterstic back set of consoles in "Gambit" and in "All Good Things"

Anyway, thank you for your informations and for correcting my eyesight problems [Smile]
Damn. I was genuinely convinced that was USS Oni [Frown]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps