Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Ground Station

Author Topic: Ground Station
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

I've been dabbling in Illustrator again (oh no!). This time I'm working on a design for my RPG, Xayvian Station.

Xayvian is a Selayan (snake people) station built under Federation contract way out on the edge of Orion's Arm. As such, it doesn't really contain the normal Federation earmarks. It was drawn for me by a friend of mine. And he doesn't much care for normal Trek earmarks, hehe. I'm trying to transcribe his design into a clean Illustrator format.

His drawings first.

-

- - -

-

- - -

-

- -

Now what I've worked on so far. CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE

-

C&C Welcome of course [Smile]

-Ahkileez

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty sweet looking station. Of course, seeing as where it's a Selay outpost, it can look like whatever you think Selayan buildings would look like. However, seeing as where it is a Selayan station, you might want to make that arboretum look like something that would be comfortable to snakes. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, the station was built by the Selay, but it's not run by them [Smile]

Kind of like uhm, if you needed a Igloo for some reason, you could get some Eskimos to build it for you. That doesnt' mean it's going to be set up inside like an Eskimo igloo [Smile]

The arboretum is built sort of as a cheap holodeck and partly as a a farm.

-Ahkileez

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Here you go [Smile] The station is about 90% complete [Smile]

link

Special 'ground' version just to see how it'd look.

link

-K2.0

[ February 24, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Topher ]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice... but I'd put walkways and other buildings near the landing pad where the Rhode Island is though...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Ahkileez
Member # 734

I wanted to put in stuff like that, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. I'm not an architect so putting things like this together takes some work on my part.

Oh, and that's not the Rhode Island, that's the Fiji [Wink]

I couldn't find another Nova to use so I chopped up the Rhode and made her into a regular Nova. The USS Fiji [Smile]

-Ahkileez

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's pretty nifty! Man, I've not been to this board in ages, and it looks like I picked a very good first thread to see for my "homecoming" [Big Grin]

Now all I gotta do is start catching up to you guys again - I bet everyone's skills have proliferated while I've been stagnating...

Anyhow - can't wait to see where this one goes next!

--------------------
"It was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to take effect."
Hunter S. Tolkein, Fear and Loathing in Barad-Dur

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to nag but in the future please link large, heavy images. It screws up the thread layout and takes forever to download on dialup connections. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ahkileez
Member # 734

I managed to get a computer that could handle the files I was working on and finally I can get back to drawing my Xayvian Station.

The account to which the original pics are linked is no longer there so thats' why the originals are broken. Don't really feel like fixing all those though. The first image should remind (or show) you what the project has been thusfar.

The original sketch by Alejandro Burdisio:
 -

Top View
 -
[ ZOOM ]

80% Complete forward view:
 -
[ ZOOM ]

Lift-Tram (turbolift):
 -
[ ZOOM ]

Surface-to-Orbit Missile Turret (cap. ship variety):
 -
[ ZOOM ]

Welcome back to Xayvian [Smile]

-Ahkileez

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps