Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Steamrunner-class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Steamrunner-class
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this ship (it's now my official favourite, I got bored with the Akira), and I got tired of seeing the same scans from the Encyclopaedia everywhere, so. . .

If anyone wants me, I'll be hiding behind the door with a baseball bat for Sol to come in and say "you're just a tracer!" B)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know First, there's another pic of the Steamrunner Class in the ST: TNG Skethcbook. It's a nifty one, just that too bad I can't post it.

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on Pedro's site, I think.

BTW, Lee, it's Jaegar, not Yeager.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
RB: "'Get a life' is a phrase heard a lot, though I have never known exactly what kind was implied. Seems a lot of shallowness and greed is the rule."
CS: "I guess that it means the kind of life led by the characters of 'Dawson's Creek' or 'The Simpsons'."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Mike, not that one. . . there's an actual photo of the CGI model, which looks crap - still images of CGI ships always do. It clears up a few things such as the howling difference between the navelle grilles on the two views above. . . but I didn't have that photo handy - and besides, it's so blurred it gives me a headache. One day I'll get around to incorporating some features of the photo into the diagram above.

And Jaeger-Schmaeger. He knows stuff all about designing Star Trek ships as Altair's pic shows - the deflector would kill everyone on the bridge the first time it was used. And he never responded to that email we sent, so f***'im. 8)

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean this one?
(Click on it to get a bigger one in a new window)

Note that the other pic I posted states: USS StReamrunner Revamp.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 10, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 10, 1999).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it was originally a Streamrunner Class starship.

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Oh First, I actually have a CGI shot of the Akira Class made for First Contact. It's like the Steamrunner Class pic that is on Pedro's website.

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post it post it post it!

------------------

The First One
Member # 35

Where did you get it? The omission of the Akira from the Sketchbook, when they'd included the other three FC Ships, never made sense.

As for the Streamrunner, it's a telling difference, and I wonder why it was changed. Surely the whole Encyclopaedia can't have been wrong? And besides, if I remember correctly someone had already revealed the names of the 4 ships long before the Encyclopedia came out. Mind you, we didn't know what a Steamrunner is, and we don't know what a Streamrunner!

Next up, I think I'll do the Norway. . . 8)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I just e-mailed a copy to Fabrux. And didn't I e-mail you also First? As for Federation Shipmaster, I'll e-mail him the pic since I have no clue on how to post it here. Oh, I found the pic on the Star Trek in Sound and Vision site.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Michael_T (edited July 11, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*finally gets around to posting in here*

Top notch work, Lee. If they had people like you working for them down there, there'd be a lot more consistency in the starships seen on the shows.

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
"Go? Where are we going?"
"Where they went."
"Suppose they went nowhere."
"Then, this'll be your big chance to get away from it all"
-McCoy and Kirk, The Wrath of Khan

The First One
Member # 35

*blushes* Oh, heck, it's just tracing. It's thanks to The Vorlon that I can use PSP 5 at all. . .

As for this pic, I now know the one you mean. I do have it, and it's of far superior quality to the other three as featured in the Sketchbook. I have two versions, the one originally scanned by either IDC or Pedro, which needed a lot of cleaning up. . . but before I got ver far with it, the folks at STinSnV got there first.

And no, I haven't received any email. . . and now you mention it I haven't received any at all for a few days. Odd.

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

The one from STinSV

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but look at the rim of the saucer and the phaser strip - its not actually a smooth circle - you can see its a polygon... I mean circles ARE polygons - but this one needs a few more sides to make it look more 'circular'.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps