Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » WIP of Miranda/Oberth ancestor (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WIP of Miranda/Oberth ancestor
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Masao, check your PMs!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I like the perfectly flat version, but Shik's suggestion of *slightly* angled nacelles sounds like it would work well. I'd prefer an upper placement compared to lower... although if you take a progression from Paris to Kestrel to Capella to Miranda, then perhaps slightly-lower orientation would make more sense. (Of course, the designs don't have to be so arbitrary. [Wink] )

I also think that the latest edition of the registry number is a little high. Considering the differing size, I think that the Capella would fit in better as a contemporary of the Kestrel/Aryabhatta. Considering that the Capella with its small size can hardly perform the same mission profile as the Aryabhatta, I think it'd work better to have the Capella built in the mid-2220's. (Shortly after the new Command directive for lots of small ships.)

Looking good! [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, for pylon angle, what I was thinking of was much like the bow elevation of the Detroyat design...if you find it on SSDB. Not in vertical direction necessarily, but degree of angle.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/232/Snayship.jpg

Here's the revision Snay requested. I made the back engineering deck a bit longer, but wasn't able to make it much taller, since the two deck slab runs the length of the ship. I did make the half-cylinders slightly larger though. I added a crappy torp pod on a single stalk. Because the midline is filled with engineering equipment, I had to put the stalk fairly far forward. But, feel free to modify it in any way. I put the nacelles up on these schematics, but that was just to get them out of the way to show the hull.

The registry number is still up in the air. I won't settle on one until I come up with a suitable history for this ship. Still playing around with the nacelles. But maybe slightly raised might be ok. I'll take a look at Detroyat.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okazaki has a design!

The nacelles will be flat on the baseline of the saucer (supporting their weight isn't going to happen). Looks like we're still talking about four decks: A-, B-, C- and D-Decks. Altho, some stuff COULD go in the torpedo room and the stalk.

Masao: you even put the port & starboard airlocks where I was going to! You = kick'in ass.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps