Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pre-TOS shuttle

Author Topic: Pre-TOS shuttle
Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gang, been a while so i thought I better post something just to cheer up the place a bit. I was approached by a CGI lecturer making an animation to help out with his masterwork by knocking out a couple of spacecraft models for him. His speciality is character animation, he leaves designing and building tech stuff to others if he possibly can. He was looking for a near-future shuttle and sent me a screencap of something he thought would be a good guide for me to follow, so I knocked up the ship you see below based on that design. No prizes for correcly guessing where it comes from, I just ask that you please dont hurt me! [Eek!]

Lightwave forums picture uploads
Lightwave forums picture uploads 2

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks alot like the departing orbital shuttle in the opening credits of Enterprise. Nice work.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as all orbital transports in ST, it's Nr. 5 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it's got one of those aerospike engine thingies. Very cool!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome looking shuttle. [Big Grin] It looks like something that Lockheed Martin Skunk Works would develop. Nice touch.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Hibbert]Worthy of Webster's *ah heh heh heh heh* [/Hibbert]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kenny 10 Bellys
Member # 955

- posted      Profile for Kenny 10 Bellys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought Aerospike engines would be a good compromise as we never get to see the rear of the one in the opening credits, and the tech level fits in with what the guy wanted for his movie. It's obviously based on the Venture Star anyway, hence the more 'realistic' look to the design i suppose.

--------------------
Kenny Mitchell,
Amateur 3D animator
and gynaecologist

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps