Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Invictus revamp

Author Topic: Invictus revamp
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another attempt at my first-ever starship design, which previously existed only in hand-drawn pencil sketch form.

Yes, it's only one view, and it's a Paint picture (which for some reason keeps blurring when I convert it to a jpeg), and it isn't very detailed.

But it's there anyway.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/16/Invictus.jpg

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh, it looks ok. I'd like to see it when you add more details to it.

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's about as detailed as it's going to get... I just don't have the free time I used to.

Actually, I keep hoping that someone will see my designs and like them enough to say "Hey, those are kind of neat, mind if I take them to the next level?"

To which I will say "email me a copy of the finished work and give me a co-creator byline, and it's a deal."

Next up, the Avatar

SIDE

A Mirandized Sovreign, sort of. Needs many more lifepod hatches -- I just can't draw them in an arc.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... The Invictus could definitely go places. Any ideas about the underside? Is there an kind of an engineering bulge down there?

I like the bussards... they remind me of the ones on the Argo.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the Vesudan fighters in Conflict Freespace. Thoths or something.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Hmmm... The Invictus could definitely go places. Any ideas about the underside? Is there an kind of an engineering bulge down there?

I like the bussards... they remind me of the ones on the Argo.

Actually, the Invictus's primary hull was originally intended to be a Sovreign-style saucer section, so there wouldn't be much of a bulge down there, if any. Since I never drew the bottom, I leave it up to the next artist. I kind of intended to include landing feet, but didn't.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps