Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » And now for something completely different...the Haf'leth (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: And now for something completely different...the Haf'leth
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something other than Starships for a change, A rather nastly looking Klingon weapon.

-

I envision it as being something of an outdated antique from the days when Klingons still fought on and against cavalry.
Heavier than a Bat'leth and requiring a very high degree of martial arts training to use effectively and standing at approximately two meters tall it is one of the longest Klingon bladed weapon still in use by the Klingon Defence forces.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks, er, painful.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think, as a weapon for cavalry, it could stand to be even longer. But, neat-o.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were to be used as a lance, then perhaps, but as a swinging weapon the length is adequate, I think.

Nice with the Mek'leth homage for the guard. I take it the south end blade(s) is to be used in halberd fashion?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we know where the Solanogen-based liveforms from "Schisms" get their idea for scissors from... the bottom of that weapon! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great for scratching your back too. [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And opening cans. It looks like a very nasty "church key" can opener.

Cool however!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, Klingons have horses?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They shoot horses, don't they?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At last, a Klingon toothbrush! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an awesome design Rev!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think of it as being somewhere between a Lance and a fighting staff/swinging weapon, used by both mounted troops to take out ground troops and by ground troops to take out cavalry, but mainly by ground troops. (in it's heyday anyway)
It's reach can be effectively increased by grasping the lower handle and thrusting it outwards to disembowel a mount as it charges past or to meet the thrust of the rider and either lock or break his weapon between the primary and secondary blades.

quote:
Nice with the Mek'leth homage for the guard. I take it the south end blade(s) is to be used in halberd fashion?
After looking up what a Halberd is (I'm not much of an authority on weaponry) I'd say you're about right.
The curved blade is for slashing behind wielder and across the legs of an opponent, it is also for following through after a thrust with the primary blades.
The straight blade/spike is for downward thrusts, to finish off a fallen opponent or a wounded warrior on the battle field.
Both of them together act as a counter weight and are often used by D'Har masters to bash their students about the head when the don't pay attention. [Wink]

quote:
Hmmm, Klingons have horses?
I'm sure Quo'Nos has some variety of large mountable animal.
I envision it as being a heavily built saber toothed creature with a scaley body, a furry mane and a whip like tail that contains millions of microscpic barbs that have a paralising sting.
It can gallop at nearly 90KMph on it's two pairs of three toed feet and at full speed can leap about 1.8 meters into the air in Klingon gravity.

quote:
At last, a Klingon toothbrush! 8)
More like a toothpick.
Only it's the other bloke's teeth that get picked. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A souviner from "Lobsterfest" at the Klingon resturant on the promenade?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect for filleting Tribbles. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About "klingon restaurant". Not to serve disrespect to this lovely klingon weapons' thread by digressing,
but does anyone think the klingon cuisine was "toned down", when introduced in TNG, because of vegetarian reasons?
Honestly, I can think of no race more apt to dedicated meat eating, and all we see are these little larvae, bugs and prune juice! Larvae may be meat, but not very macho meat.
And sure, there's blood wine, but has it been confirmed it is made from actual blood?

Anyway, klingons should eat a lot of meat, off the bone, preferably that they've laid down themselves.
And only dangerous animals that had a sporting chance in the wild, what with all that klingon "honor" cockamamie. ;-
The Trek klingon-writers could learn from ELEAWTA.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps